Page 1 of 2
Hey geeks n nerds!

So, anyone able to solve a 3x3x3? How about 4x4x4 or bigger?

My best time for a 3x3x3 is a little over a minute and I just solved my first 4x4x4 yesterday in a little over an hour, but I felt cheated because I didn't have any parity cases, so it was easier than it generally will be in the future.

Best times, worst times, cubes you can solve, etc. Talk about that shit.
me neither

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

huge epen0r is huge.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
i know how to do corner ones to make it look like your smart and i knew/know how to make Xs on them
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
I can never understand those things. I can always get one side done and if I'm lucky a side and a half, but there's this crazy method involved with it. Hell, since I'm interested I might try to learn that one tonight.
Nope. Sucked at solving them always.

Once, when I was young, I tried taking the stickers off and rearranging them so it looked like i solved it...
Quote by its_alive
I can never understand those things. I can always get one side done and if I'm lucky a side and a half, but there's this crazy method involved with it. Hell, since I'm interested I might try to learn that one tonight.

Do it. It's surprisingly easy once you understand the notation and algorithms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQIoPyfQzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW_BBp3FPMQ
Quote by Centrifugal
Nope. Sucked at solving them always.

Once, when I was young, I tried taking the stickers off and rearranging them so it looked like i solved it...

same here
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
my friend can solve a cube in under 3 minutes everytime, no matter how long I take to mess it up - its amazing to watch

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
When i done the Rubiks cube i took off all the stickers and stuck them on to make it look finished.Easy as that
Split your lungs with blood and thunder
When you see the white whale
Break your backs and crack your oars men
If you wish to prevail
nope I have better things to do......like posting here <_<
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Any Rubik's brand cube, you can turn one face 45 degrees and pry out the center piece. The rest will be able to come out after that. You can put it back together in the right order.

the youtube video shows you how to do it.
never could do em, dont know anyone who can, i think teeing them of at a golf course would be funner
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
I can do everything from 2x2 to 5x5. I think 5x5is easier than 4x4 because parity isn't as common and it's easier to fix when it does haappen.

EDIT: Is that skeptopotamus I spy?

Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Last edited by JMack at Aug 15, 2008,
Quote by JMack
I can do everything from 2x2 to 5x5. I think 5x5is easier than 4x4 because parity isn't as common and it's easier to fix when it does haappen.

I heard that about 5x5s. I guess you can assume the same thing about 7x7s being easier than 6x6s, considering that any odd numbered cube will have a fixed center piece and all even numbered cubes will not.

aww shucks
Quote by skeptopotamus
I heard that about 5x5s. I guess you can assume the same thing about 7x7s being easier than 6x6s, considering that any odd numbered cube will have a fixed center piece and all even numbered cubes will not.

Tru dat. I think 3s are easier than the 2s as well. It's all about parity.

Skepto > Oxygen
A friend of mine can do it in under 40 seconds, and can do a 4x4x4 in like 5 minutes
Quote by JMack
Tru dat. I think 3s are easier than the 2s as well. It's all about parity.

I used my 4x4 to learn how to do a 2x2.

Ive come to think of 4x4s, aside from the most difficult I've learned, as the most versatile. You can solve it like a 2x2, a 3x3, and a 4x4 parity problem.
Quote by skeptopotamus
I used my 4x4 to learn how to do a 2x2.

Ive come to think of 4x4s, aside from the most difficult I've learned, as the most versatile. You can solve it like a 2x2, a 3x3, and a 4x4 parity problem.

My favorite is the 5x5 because you can make so many designs.

Skepto > Oxygen
2x2, 3x3, currently learning 4x4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h1VRDPLjYs

Me solving the 3x3. This was when I just learned it.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
I learned how to last summer, it's fun for a week or so then gets kinda old. It's extremely easy once you figure out the algorithms
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by JMack
My favorite is the 5x5 because you can make so many designs.

I need to invest in one of those
Quote by skeptopotamus
I need to invest in one of those

Got mine on Amazon.

Do you put Vaseline on yours?

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by JMack
Got mine on Amazon.

Do you put Vaseline on yours?

Only my 3x3x3 because the 4x4x4 is enough of a bitch to put back together when it hasn't been greased up.
Man, I was planning to learn how to do one of those things during this summer. Totally forgot about it.

Meh.
My best 3x3x3 time was 45 seconds. 4x4x4 was about six or so. 5x5x5 was an hour.

I haven't cubed in forever.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

I can do the 3x3x3 in 56 seconds. Still working on the 4x4x4
Quote by Chad11491
they would call it "new york" , just like we would call a german city like amsterdam , amsterdam....

The below statement is true
The above statement is false

Quote by JMack
My mom called me a son of a bitch.

Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?
Quote by SK8ER PUNK
I think if you can solve a 3x3x3 in less than an hour or even 2 hours you spend too much time with that thing

I have a friend who can solve a 3x3x3 in less than a minute, and a 5x5x5 in about 30.

he looked up "How to solve Rubik's cube" on google and then the next week he was pwning it.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Page 1 of 2