i need to know what pickups would work better for pinch harmonics and still play really heavy stuff... i just have stock ones on my ibanez...and an estimate on the prices would be nice too
Way To Be Am? REVLIS=SILVER!
you're going to looking at least about $100 per pickup generally

EMGs come to mind if you want the full out brutalz metal (though you'll have to change your entire set of pickups there because they're active pickups)

or Dimarzio D Activator maybe
yo, since u wana play heavy stuff the obvious choice for that wud be emg 81/85 active set. something like that. price? well im uk so prob about £150 for the set. u can save money fitting them ureself too. also i know seymour duncan do some good pickups that can handle alot of distortion and power, like the dimebucker maybe. the prices will be similar. as for the pinch harmonics, its more about technique. its possible to do a pinch harmonic on an acoustic guitar. to get the best sound just make sure u have a good amount of gain. and then just work findin ure preferred spots for tone and ease of replication.
Blackouts, EMGs. Thread over.

Quote by fade2dust
yo, since u wana play heavy stuff the obvious choice for that wud be emg 81/85 active set. something like that. price? well im uk so prob about £150 for the set. u can save money fitting them ureself too. also i know seymour duncan do some good pickups that can handle alot of distortion and power, like the dimebucker maybe. the prices will be similar. as for the pinch harmonics, its more about technique. its possible to do a pinch harmonic on an acoustic guitar. to get the best sound just make sure u have a good amount of gain. and then just work findin ure preferred spots for tone and ease of replication.

Something tells me you missed the 7.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Dimarzio D-Activator.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I've had a Schecter c-7 Blackjack for a year or so with a set of Seymour Duncan JB/'59 and was never quite happy with them. Yesterday I tried the Hellraiser model, which is pretty much the same guitar but with EMG 707's, and damn! I never liked the 81 but appearently the 707 is voiced more like an 85, and it's amazing! It really brings out more richness in the lower registers (I A/B'd both models with the same amp today), it's like there are just MORE frequencies, aswell as way more clarity (I can see why shredders like MAB and Rusty Cooley use these, the note definition is sick!).

The cleans were also a lot better than I'd assumed. All in all I'd definately recommend looking into these pickups, the only problem is that for the money you'd have to spend on pickups and installation, you might aswell just get the Hellraiser (there's a FR version now too if you want that), and replace your Ibanez.
the D activator is a passive pickup but has the characteristics of an active. I prefer it over the EMGs cause for one there is no battery needed and the tone is not defined just by the pickup (as for an active), but the guitar itself (wood type, neck joint type, weight, etc). There is hi output from these pups, too. btw, what amp are you using? the majority of your tone is defined by your amp, especially when referring to overdrive.
i use clean every once in a while, i am currenty using a bass amp i know dumb as hell but i put the effects on and it sounds like a electric amp just a hell of more bassier. i am only using it cause i dont have any money to go out and buy a correct amp so please no bashing. i think ill look into the D Activator pickups thanks
Way To Be Am? REVLIS=SILVER!