they are like non existant...ive put up like a hundred adds up on the classifieds and tried scouting at the local guitar shops....i dunno what to do..my lead guitarist has a cousin thats 2 years older than us and plays bass but he is bad at imporv and writing and only plays slap bass....we wanna do like every thing....so what should i do! i really wanna get this started soon i have my drummer my lead guitarist and me who is frontman/rhythem guitarist......

any bass players who read this in the houston/spring tx area please post to this....i want to do like all kinds of stuff like

foo fighters/RHCP/Strokes/Racontres/some breaking benjamen...and much more as well as what ever u wanna do...i also do play lead/drums/piano as well as my drummer is a guitarist so i am open to all kinds of things
I have the same issue.
We've fired 2 drummers because they dont play our style, so we're stuck with 2 guitarists, me (lead) and my good mate Gabes who does the rythm and joint lead.
Looking for a bass - non existant. (at our school anyway)
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
By classifieds do you mean craigslist? Cause thats your best bet.
Its not the same as having a true bassist, but if you find someone else who plays guitar, you can pass around bass duties between the two of you.

My solution was to learn bass myself.

Just try to come up with a creative solution.
For Sale/Trade:
Boss AC-2
Dunlop GCB 95

Telecaster Deluxe '72 reissue > Peavey VTX
Fender J Bass
Get a Keyboardist...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
This happens to me too. Every guitarist these days wants to play lead, so my buds and I decided on a supergroup(3 people).
I agree that bassists seem non existant these days, but keep trying. post posters on town and stuff, don't give up. my buds and I are still looking for a bassist that doesnt play just the seinfeld theme

Also try to learn different styles, because jimi hendrix only seemed to need a drummer to sound fine.

Peace
Last edited by willwelsh816 at Aug 15, 2008,
I think there are more bassists than ever due to the fact of games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero, the bass is a lot easier in that game than it is to play guitar so most people are like OMFG IT MUST BE T3H EZ INSTRUEMENT... Get a good friend that shares an interest in the same music that you do and convince him to learn bass.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
I agree with amplesteak. bass is easy to pick up. most people just get turned away because they don't like to practice enough, or they don't stick around long enough to get callouses. teaching someone is much easier than you think.
Wow that sucks... too bad your not in KY or TN there's a **** load of "musicians" that are eager to join bands.
"...I tell them if its sounds good it's good, no need to change..."

Yngwie Malmsteen-
Quote by AmpleSteak
I think there are more bassists than ever due to the fact of games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero, the bass is a lot easier in that game than it is to play guitar so most people are like OMFG IT MUST BE T3H EZ INSTRUEMENT... Get a good friend that shares an interest in the same music that you do and convince him to learn bass.

that makes sense in theory, but apparently not in practice, considering this guy can't find a bassist, lol... so much for theory!
i know..but th ething is every bass player i know wants to be in a metal band...not that theres anything wrong with that...
Quote by Sonic Blast
there's got to be someone out there that plays your style. and you can always make a compromose. Breaking Benjamin is heavy.

I like some of their songs....bu tnot all
Quote by MrGoodyear812
I like some of their songs....bu tnot all

d00d br3akin benJaMin is br00TuLz dey play in drop A# on teh new stuff.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
well i see why you cant get a bassist. you all are passing it off as a 2nd grade instrument. "get a octive pedal" "make your rythmn play bass" guitar does not = Bass skills.

im not having a go at anyone. but you have to put a higher value on your bassist or you will lose him (if u can find him in the first place)

oh and im guessing the slap only guy must really love korn lol wtf slap ONLY???
Quote by bazmeister
well i see why you cant get a bassist. you all are passing it off as a 2nd grade instrument. "get a octive pedal" "make your rythmn play bass" guitar does not = Bass skills.

im not having a go at anyone. but you have to put a higher value on your bassist or you will lose him (if u can find him in the first place)

I agree with you, my bandmates are always saying howmuch easier bass and the guitarists always say howmuch better they'd be at bass than me it's a different instrument. It's not a competition of which is better, an instrument is there to make one thing: music!
Quote by bazmeister

oh man i love bass guitar....i wanna do RHCP stuff so he better be awsome and im fine with the bass taking a more active role in lots of songs that we write....i love victor wooten and flea!
Maybe you take on abit more influences or make compromises with people, since, as far as i know, the bands that you posted does not exactly attract that many people..

Most.. well, alot atleast, are inspired by heavy metal, and other sorts of metal, to pick up music in the first place.. since alot of metal can sound very.. impressive.
Try going in compromise with someone and play some metal if theyd like. If theyre as eager as you are, theyd probably thereafter be glad to play a song of your choice.

Well, this is probably an already given advice, hehe..

Anyway, just broaden your bands and genres abit, since alot of people find Michael Angelo Batios work more impressive than Dani California xP ahem. No disrespect.

Anyway. Good luck with it.
Quote by CaseOnBass
I agree with you, my bandmates are always saying howmuch easier bass and the guitarists always say howmuch better they'd be at bass than me it's a different instrument. It's not a competition of which is better, an instrument is there to make one thing: music!

oh i would appreciate a bass player i mean look at flea..if i ever had a flea on our crew dang i would worship
Quote by Northernmight
Maybe you take on abit more influences or make compromises with people, since, as far as i know, the bands that you posted does not exactly attract that many people..

Most.. well, alot atleast, are inspired by heavy metal, and other sorts of metal, to pick up music in the first place.. since alot of metal can sound very.. impressive.
Try going in compromise with someone and play some metal if theyd like. If theyre as eager as you are, theyd probably thereafter be glad to play a song of your choice.

Well, this is probably an already given advice, hehe..

Anyway, just broaden your bands and genres abit, since alot of people find Michael Angelo Batios work more impressive than Dani California xP ahem. No disrespect.

Anyway. Good luck with it.

im fine with metal..that just not the only thing i wanna do u know?