about how long they've played sometimes? I get the feeling that people aren't always truthful
Deep question.

Just assume that most people lie, to various degrees, most of the time.

Hell, I could be lying to you right now.

Don't trust anyone in this mean old world ...
i round off how long i play because i forget exactly when i started playing. i round it off to fall of 2006 is when i started.
I usually say I've been playing for like 2 years but doing it seriously for 1.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I mean, there was this one kid I saw who said he'd been playing for 3 years, turns out he played since he was 2....
i forgot when i started so is that considered lying
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
Quote by tona_107
which way wold people lie? saying they've been playing longer or shorter?

If they haven't been playing for very long, and they don't have to prove their skills, but just want the kudos for being a guitarist; they say longer.

If they've spent a long time getting something right, but want to look like a prodigy; they will say shorter.
Ive had my guitars for about 10 months, but Ive only really been practicing for about 4-5 months if you dont count the dead space when I cant practice etc.

Less time is better since I have an excuse for sucking so bad.
I lie about everything, pretty much all the time, just for the fun of it. I'm even lying right now.
Quote by smb
I lie about everything, pretty much all the time, just for the fun of it. I'm even lying right now.

or are you lying about lying?