Page 1 of 3
2nd grade

a plastic recorder.... it was beige

and I still can't play the thing
Probably a French Horn.

How Rock n Roll, eh?
I'm looking to buy an Epi Valve Standard. If you've got one up for grabs in the Uk, PM me and let me know.
A Playskool (I think) xylophone when I was like 2. It had a mallet attached to a string, and a handle and wheels and everything. Badass.
GEAR:
Crate V50 combo
Bad Monkey OD
Boss DS-1
Squier 20th Ann. Bullet (black on black, Gibson 500T pickup, Ping tuners)

Quote by crackereast
i'm going to call charmin and see if they will endorse me.
i use the **** out of there paper.
A Grand Piano. I only know ho to play two songs. Vasoline by STP, and Superhuman by VR.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
My first was my Charvel mutt. No idea of the model, but the color was a Yellow/Black crackle.

"Emily tries but misunderstands..." Sorry, I had to
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I started taking piano lessons when I was about four, so it was the piano.
well i played piano for 6 or 7 years (classical) and then started playing guitar, which i've now been playing for about 4 years (taken lessons for a year)
Drums, acually then Guitar, and now i play both, and i can play a little bass(from my guitar playing abillity) also, and i am starting to learn keyboard
A tiny, cheap acoustic I bought at a swap meet in Hawaii when i was 11. I took lessons on that sucker for years... It was such garbage....

The best day of my life was when my mom took me to get my first electric guitar.
A red Ibanez GAX50. I still have and play it. It was given to me by my best friend when he got an American Standard Strat...
Quote by seljer
2nd grade

Same here.
All I ever learned was Hot cross buns and some native american chant song.
Except it was 3rd grade and black for me.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Except it was 3rd grade and black for me.

hmm, does it being black at least make it \m/etal?
A Casio keyboard from many many years ago. I got it when I was about 5, its so long ago, its hard to remember. I still have the damn thing somewhere around here.
black plastic recorder in like 2nd grade, then guitar when i was 15
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
my dad's friend gave me his old guitar for my 8th birthday, i dont know what name was on the headstock, and the bridge was beginning to break it already had a huge crack in it, but it was holding. Thats what got me into guitar, too bad i would've loved having my first instrument again, no matter what condition it was in, i think my dad threw it out because he was afraid of the bridge snapping and hitting me in the face.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
1st instrument I made noise with was a piano; my mum's grade 7 at it.

1st instrument I actually learnt was also piano, I got to grade 2 before getting pissed off with playing depthless nursery rhymes. Then I got an acoustic guitar, didn't get far with that... Got an electric shortly after, never looked back on it since. I even play my acoustic quite a bit now.
My brother's piano, when I was 6 or so. But my first instrument was a crappy classical guitar my parents bought me when I was 8.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
An acoustic guitar.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by seljer
2nd grade

SAme cept in 4th grade
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
4th grade - plastic recorder(Red hah i got all u guys beat)
5th grade - clarinet. i hated it, i couldnt play it. i faked playin it in band class.
then i got a yamaha keyboard
and at 20 i picked up an electric guitar at my buddys house, asked him to teach me a little, and i've been hooked since.
im 21 now
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
clarinet and alto sax ftw!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
A little drum...I forget the brand...some baby/toddler toy company...
my Dad's old keyboard
Dad's old Sax
recorder
School trumpet (rented)
baught a used trumpet
new keyboard
Squire Strat Pack
Yamaha Acoustic F325 I think
and coming sometime around Christmas (hope to have the money then), a Gibson Les Paul Studio...EEEK
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
well if u count renting i had a tenor sax. i played it for six months but my teacher was an asshole and my playing scared my dog so i gave up..
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Violin, started in fourth grade, I did it for 5 years, got bored and picked up a guitar....never touched my violin again.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by someguy27
4th grade - plastic recorder(Red hah i got all u guys beat)

Was it clear red? (Like acrylic... but plastic)

If not I have you beat (Yeah in 4th grade too...)
the VERY FIRST one i got was a harmonica hahaha. it cost like a penny.
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
Hey UG Community!

So I was wondering...

What is the first instrument you ever received or purchased?

What was the Make/ Model/ Color? Who presented it to you? Where was it purchased? Is there a story behind it?

Thanks for sharing!

i was given a harmonica for some reason. i never really learned how to play it. although i tried to pretend that i knew what i was doing lol. i kinda can play it now though.
Well I did the mandatory elementary school recorder deal. After that, clarinet, saxophone, piano, and now guitar. At some point in my childhood I owned a harmonica but I didn't know how to play anything on it.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Quote by Kata Dante
Well I did the mandatory elementary school recorder deal. After that, clarinet, saxophone, piano, and now guitar. At some point in my childhood I owned a harmonica but I didn't know how to play anything on it.

very kewl...what was your favorite to play? or are you happy with guitar now?
my first instrument was a recorder,but i count my first real instrument to be my first guitar. mostly because i was and still am completely interested in the guitar. it was a $227 blue yamaha pacifica. i begged my mom for 6 months for a guitar and i finally got it in august two years ago. it's sort of my anniversary of when i started playing guitar and i'm amazed at how much better i've gotten over these past 2 years. if it wasn't for my friends i wouldn't be playing guitar, but i've surpassed them because they've seemed to have lost interest in exchange for money
Oh god, I'm sure there were toys and stuff but my first REAL instrument was my trombone. It's a reynolds model, made in the late '50s. Standard brass/gold w/e color. My dad gave it too me, I still play it in the marching band and pep band at my school

Unfortunately though the slide was bent somehow (It was my fault) so it's in the repair shop and I'm using a friends newer one... And it's a nice one too, but it sounds like **** compared to mine even though it's beat up. They just don't make them as well now I guess.
first instrument i owned was my uncle's old Aria bass that i stole from my grandparent's basement. its a piece of crap. still have it

first thing i played was piano though
- Duvmunch
- Jackson RR24
- Marshall VS100 + Marshall 1960A Cab
Page 1 of 3