I'm wanting a semi-acoustic, and it's come to one of the above.
I'm not sure which Artcore model I'd want, so I'm open to suggestions.
Price is also pretty important, btw. I'm on a rather tight budget.
There was a hole here.
It's gone now.
I was recently in the market for a hollow-body electric as well. I ended up going for the dot because it was (and still is) going for $400 at guitar center instead of the list price or $650 or thereabouts, which makes is price essentially comparable to the ibanez guitars. I looked at artcores as well as a few other ibanez hollow-bodies and they are very nice guitars, especially for the price, but I personally liked the feel and tone of the epiphone slightly more and thought it was worth the $50 or so more. Epiphone also has a longer history and reputation with hollow-body electrics, which isn't to say it's necessarily better, ibanez is quickly building their own reputation in the field, I'm just pointing this out.

I'm not as familiar with the viking, but I think they are slightly more expensive. The best advice I can give is play them all, see which one fits best within your price range. I know that the dot and artcore are both good quality guitars, not to say viking isn't, I'm just not as familiar with it.
Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
Women and children first
I've played a Hagstrom (not the Viking though), and I must say that the build quality really was astonishing for the price.

If you're strapped on cash there are usualy a few blemished Vikings on eBay for around $400 I think. There might have been some Viking IIs for even less.
This guitar kicks ASS for the price!

Ibanez Artcore Series AF75TDGIV

MSRP: $449.99

Plays great. The Bigsby is kick ass and I would have purchased it instead on the AS73 if I wasn't getting a Falcon. YAY!
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Quote by Dav23
This guitar kicks ASS for the price!

Ibanez Artcore Series AF75TDGIV

MSRP: $449.99

Plays great. The Bigsby is kick ass and I would have purchased it instead on the AS73 if I wasn't getting a Falcon. YAY!

+1
Gear:
Ibanez Artcore AM73
Carlo-Robelli Acoustic (first guitar)
Peavey VaveKing 212
BOSS GE-7
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1