List companies you like/Dislike dealing with to buy stuff because they have good customer service/good products or they are just cool or vice versa

best

electronic arts-gave me hours of console joy and they have good customer service

overclockers-great pcs and cool shop even tho they messed up a bit with my order i still like them

worst

xboxmicrosoft-RROD/paying for new harddrive when they built it with a piece of ****/indian call centres
Best: EVOHOSTING domain hosting. Really helpful and friendly.
Worst: Amtrak parcel delivery. Said 1-2 working days to deliver my new guitar pedal. Took 8.
best companies.

..............i honestly can't think of any companies that have done anything exceptionally well for me.

worst companies:

this is for canadians, but TIM HORTONS. if any of you have the same experience as me, its' a bunch of miserable foreign people who either can't speak the language or can and ****ing hate everything you are, and treat you like it. i hate service there.

student works painting. this is all throughout canada, and it was the most poorly managed company I've ever worked for and ended up having to get legal assistance to get paid for what I worked. total bull****.
best: apple. quick effective service. sent my ipod in, got a new one back in two days.

worst; rogers. they are lying assholes. they suck huge balls.
I just got the RROD on my xbox too, we'll see how that goes

Worst- whatever company we bought our hot tub from. problem after problem after problem. we couldn't even fill the tub until about 2 weeks after it was delivered

best- i guess I've had good service from Musicians friend
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
best - i LOVE Amazon.com, i've never gotten anything damaged or too late from there, and its great for finding cds and games no one's ever heard of

worst - Sony, THEY STOPPED FU/CKING REPAIRING PS2S!
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Worst : 3 Mobile, Samsung (for not even knowing what an iMac was), Soundcontrol (gone into administration), Dell (indian Call centres)

Best: Apple, Vox, Fair Deal Music, UniVibe Studios, Amazon, Play.Co.uk

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
best : gamestation. probably the same wave length,.

worse: game - refuse to take anything back or actually help. plus the prices are ****.
I can't think of any awesome ones but T-Mobile is all that is evil in a company.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
this is a good idea, a full list of the Worlds dodgy companies and why to stay away from them

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
best would be:
Crutchfield. they have always helped me out with my car and home stereo needs.
Musicians Friend I've never had a problem with their service and fast delivery.

Worst is:
AT&T. I absolutely hate this company for their lack of customer service and annoying calls from India to try and get me to bundle my phone services sometimes two times a day and 5 days a week.
Wachovia bank. They lost a deposit of mine and took better than a month to find it and post to my account. During said time I had bounced checks and they wouldn't take responsibility for their mistake and drop the fees.
Worst: Boost Mobile- The phone I had said I could get a refund on the cell phone game I bought (dumb idea, I know...), so I followed the phone's directions, and they didn't work. I called Boost Mobile and dropped the call when I had five bars of service. I sent an email on a Monday. It said to wait fourty-eight hours for a response, I ended up waiting ninety-six, only for them to say that I couldn't get a refund on my game. -.-
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by Phazer
List companies you like/Dislike dealing with to buy stuff because they have good customer service/good products or they are just cool or vice versa

best

electronic arts-gave me hours of console joy and they have good customer service

overclockers-great pcs and cool shop even tho they messed up a bit with my order i still like them

worst

xboxmicrosoft-RROD/paying for new harddrive when they built it with a piece of ****/indian call centres

Haha hellz yeah man I work at EA. If you've ever seen Grandma's boy. It's exactly like that. The game testers are the chillest people ever (I work at EA Redwood shores, HQ)
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
ive had good dealings with guitar center, ebgames, and amazon
bad dealings with microsoft, xbox, apple
member of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm silvertoness11 to join

Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
In the beginning there was nothing...

...which exploded.

UG MISSLE SILO!
Quote by slann101
best : gamestation. probably the same wave length,.

worse: game - refuse to take anything back or actually help. plus the prices are ****.

And the kids there are self righteous little ****s
Best - Newegg. Great customer support, great prices, fast shipping.

Worst - AT&T. Not that they are horrible, but it bugs me that nobody can figure out why my DSL is retraining 30 times a day.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Aug 15, 2008,
Quote by ZeBubba!
Haha hellz yeah man I work at EA. If you've ever seen Grandma's boy. It's exactly like that. The game testers are the chillest people ever (I work at EA Redwood shores, HQ)

kudos man its weird when a company gives you joy from madden 92 and road rash to COD4. I just wish the sons of bitches would release road rash 360 and desert strike...PUT A WORD IN FOR ME!!!!!

Last edited by Phazer at Aug 15, 2008,
the best (in the UK anyway) for clothing is EBTM.com

stands for Everything But The Music... they sell loads of band clothing too, and the delivery is amazing! its free posting and its always next day, i've brought a ton of clothes of there and everytime its arrived next day, if i find a shirt or something on a difference site, i check EBTM first to see if they have it

good prices too lol
Quote by Phazer
And the kids there are self righteous little ****s

most definately. me and chris got chucked out for handing out gamestation leaflets to staff and custormers in store when the new gamestation opend. still go in and regually steal samwise when he;s meant to be working tho.
City Link are probably the worst delivery company I've dealt with. I was in a situation where they were supposed to deliver to me on a friday (having paid for that service) and they failed to deliver. Upon calling them to ask what was happening they explained that they didn't have time to deliver it and they would send it out to be delivered on monday. I reminded them that I had paid for it to be delivered on the friday, and that they should at least send it out on the saturday. They failed to understand my frustration at not getting what I had paid for and said that they couldn't send it out on the saturday because I hadn't paid for weekend delivery. I was less than pleased.
BEST: amazon
WORST: AOL without a doubt THE single worst customer support i have ever come across. our internet wouldnt connect. we phoned them and they said "please e-mail us your problem" oh and thames water
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Best: Amazon (Just plain awesome)

Worst: Weatherseal (Useless products, take ages to deliver/install it, try to sell you stuff you don't want, worst customer service ever, you tell them what you think of them and tell them to take you off their list of customers, and a week later they call you advertising their windows), City Link (awful company), Jackson (I didn't get my first Jackson for 6 months, and my second for 4 months), GAK (Great stock and good prices, but they don't tell you something's out of stock until after you've paid for it), Topman (Yeah I think I'll get real clothes that aren't 4 sizes smaller than everywhere else and don't fall apart after being worn once).

EDIT: Congratulations Phazer, this is the first thread of yours I've seen that's worth posting in.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Green park- my old letting agency

WONT give me the inventories for my old house, so i cant proove that we didnt break ****, which theyre gonna charge us for
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
My old letting agency was terrible. They couldn't get hold of my landlord everytime I went in about problems, then when I wanted to look at new properties they cancelled the viewings the day I was meant to be having them. They're currently refusing to give me my deposit back.
Best: Orange. Throw everything at you when you start threatening to terminate the contract.

Worst: Natwest. I don't feel like talking about it right now, I may begin to smash walls through if I do.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
best=guitar center-maybe its just the fact that im british and not used to good customer service

worst=subway-i stood in line and went all the way round and didn't get served, plus theres too many options and they always rush me so i dont have time to decide
RIDICULOUS BIG SIG!!!
Quote by AAAARRRGGGGHHH!
best=guitar center-maybe its just the fact that im british and not used to good customer service

worst=subway-i stood in line and went all the way round and didn't get served, plus theres too many options and they always rush me so i dont have time to decide

what? maybe when you were waiting you could have turned your brain on to start thinking what to have. lettuce aint a life of death decision.
Best: O2, Dolphin Music. Worst: Sound Control, Lloyds TSB.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
They're currently refusing to give me my deposit back.

thast the problem were having
theyre trying to charge us from stuff that was already broken. Hence why im trying to get ahold of both inventories
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by XCount Me InX
thast the problem were having
theyre trying to charge us from stuff that was already broken. Hence why im trying to get ahold of both inventories

With me they're giving me some bull**** excuse about having to check the property....despite them having had two months to do this....!