Hi,
Can anyone help me out with repairing my Gibson X-plorer's input jack? I've been searching around and can't really find any info on this.
The input jack is loose. Whenever trying to plug in, the piece itself sinks deeper into the body. Yet when I lifted it out to have a look, it seems like its connected. Should I remove the faceplate? If so, how do I do this?
I've never done any kind of guitar repair, so I don't really know what I'm doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
tighten the nut that holds it to the faceplate
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Do you mean the bolt around it? Or the like the face plate thats underneath the big bolt? If its the big bolt just screw it tight with your fingers, if its a face plate with screws, screw it in until its neat, any pictures? would make it easier to diagnose
Any ideas?
Those nuts were just kind of dangling loosely when I opened it up. They don't tighten on.
Oh, sorry guys.
But those nuts you guys see there (there's three of them) don't tightly screw on. They just kind of hang on loosely. Unless I lost a piece. I'm almost certain that I didn't though.
Wait, does he mean "faceplate" as in body's faceplate and not the plate surrounding the jack?