Today i did my first Recording with a borrowed line 6 UX1. I covered the song "Smoke em if you got em" by Parkway Drive. I would be grateful if people could give me some pointers to improve sound on that so i can learn to record with awesomeness. What have i done wrong/Right etc. And foremost...how does the recording/playing sound?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j6piuu
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
oh yeah! That might just be. Thank you man! And thanks for checking that out too
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
yea drums are a little loud and they sound very digital however most drum machines and software will sound this way.
EZDrummer records many samples per pad so you dont get that "same/digital" type sound.

The guitars sound a little muddy but I'm not surprised since you are most likely using GearBox which doesn't have the best sounding distortion tones.

The bass sounds a little too quiet to my ear but its most likely the iPod earbuds im listening with right now.

Other than that it sounds good.
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 15, 2008,
Quote by moody07747
yea drums are a little loud and they sound very digital however most drum machines and software will sound this way.
EZDrummer records many samples per pad so you dont get that "same/digital" type sound.

The guitars sound a little muddy but I'm not surprised since you are most likely using GearBox which doesn't have the best sounding distortion tones.

The bass sounds a little too quiet to my ear but its most likely the iPod earbuds im listening with right now.

Other than that it sounds good.

Thank you man! And thanks for checking it out. Yeah i hear EZDrummer is THE ****. Yeah i was using Gearbox. Got any suggestions on other software? Im very curious about that. Yeah the bass should have been beefier....sounds a bit weak.

Thanks again
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer