For example,

from the s-series

S2170, S4170 AB, s320

how do you decipher those names? The only part of the name I seem to understand is the "s" !
A guide thanks to pifty:

http://lawl.net/gtr/rgs#sec1

EDIT: I just realized that only talks about RGs. The first two you listed the 2170 4170 I believe the only differences are cosmetic. They're both prestiges with a HSH setup. The S320 however isn't a prestige and is pretty bare bones in appearance and has a HH config. Still a good guitar though.
Last edited by T!AN at Aug 15, 2008,
yeah i dont think that all the numbers and letters really mean anything cept that ibanez isn't creative enought to cum up with unique names for their Billions of guitars
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
^ Actually every number and letter in an Ibanez guitar name has a meaning. If you go to the link I put in my first post you'll see how it works for the RG line.

The way Ibanez names there guitars actually makes it really easy to figure out everything about the guitar and where it stands quality wise if you spend the five minutes to figure out what everything means.
Quote by T!AN
^ Actually every number and letter in an Ibanez guitar name has a meaning. If you go to the link I put in my first post you'll see how it works for the RG line.

The way Ibanez names there guitars actually makes it really easy to figure out everything about the guitar and where it stands quality wise if you spend the five minutes to figure out what everything means.

+1, you should be more open minded sandman-105.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i dont have an ibanez any more so i couldn't care less lol
Either way i was just making a joke i knew they all ment somin
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS