Right I've turned to the mighty pit in order to answer my question lol

Is anyone here involved in the BA Applied Music Degree at StrathClyde Uni Glasgow?

If so, whats your opinion on it? Any good? Whats the experience like? etc etc

Im thinking of going next year, in fact ive been trying for 2 years to get in but its been damn hard lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
Quote by smb
No.

No-one does that there.

^^^^ So you speak for the entire pit do ya? ..... Aye nice one *cough*
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
Any serious help?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
No....no. I don't think anyone here does do it, in all seriousness. There are a number of people on here who go to uni in glasgow, but I've never come across any doing an applied music course. Could be wrong of course. Hope you enjoyed my *bump*.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by GHJ
No....no. I don't think anyone here does do it, in all seriousness. There are a number of people on here who go to uni in glasgow, but I've never come across any doing an applied music course. Could be wrong of course. Hope you enjoyed my *bump*.

Cheers .... in that case how is the music course at the university of glasgow?

ive heard its a bit posh and full of itself (no offence to anyone who does it tho!)
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
The people who go to the University of Glasgow (UG...) aren't any posher than the folk who go to strathclyde in my opinion. No matter what uni you go to you're always going to get a posh rugger bugger crew somewhere. As for the music course, I've no idea, I've never been anywhere near it, there will be ratings online somewhere for various departments of various unis, check out the sunday times website perhaps. Otherwise just google university department ratings, or something like that, there are various relevant websites knocking about. Good luck with whatever you choose to do
...Bleep Bloop...
Glasgow's music course won't be anything like Strathclydes applied music because Strathclydes BA very unique in Britain. I'd look carefully if you like what you see at strathclyde before simplying applying at another because it's not the same in other unis.

That said, good luck getting in,it's very selective...

^Strathclyde has a very good music course, it's primarily jazz and classical based though (What else could it be?) but what's important is that it's applied music. Not an irrelevant classical course.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Thanks guys for all the advice, i just feel strathy is more for me. i have friends there the now and im going to the open day in september.

i had most of the grades to get in but lacked higher english. i got it this year tho so im on my way slowly lol

im giving up a gd job to go down this route, i got the job then discovered it wasnt really for me. im just hoping it all pays off in the end.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
Quote by metalman9
I take the course, its alright but i would rather be fapping

hahaha so u take the strathy course?...... ill ask u the same questions as my 1st post as there are too many to type out again lol
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
my opinion on it: see above post

the experience is: cool.

nothing beats fap though.

The beds in the dorms are comfy though
Quote by Nothing's_Free
Right I've turned to the mighty pit in order to answer my question lol

Is anyone here involved in the BA Applied Music Degree at StrathClyde Uni Glasgow?

If so, whats your opinion on it? Any good? Whats the experience like? etc etc

Im thinking of going next year, in fact ive been trying for 2 years to get in but its been damn hard lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

its got a bit of a bad rep in the session and wedding band scene, lot of dodgy talentless bawbags coming out of there. basically everybody ends up teaching and gigging in functions bands when they get out anyway i prefer to make money than spend it on a music degree (i did a business degree which is more helpful IMHO)
Quote by Phazer
its got a bit of a bad rep in the session and wedding band scene, lot of dodgy talentless bawbags coming out of there. basically everybody ends up teaching and gigging in functions bands when they get out anyway i prefer to make money than spend it on a music degree (i did a business degree which is more helpful IMHO)

well everyone to themselves i suppose. thats my only concern if i go down the music route. i would be cutting my job choices down quite a bit me thinks
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
my friend got accepted into that strathy course. i believe that u have to be really really good to get into it.

however he did not accept and ended up doing something completely different....

but if u do get in then well done!
Quote by Nothing's_Free
well everyone to themselves i suppose. thats my only concern if i go down the music route. i would be cutting my job choices down quite a bit me thinks

well the degree isnt always important if its not job specific basically any musical venture is not amazing money, but i teach tuesday to friday 3-9 and gig on saturdays 6-12 and thats my week and all my gear is tax deductable so i dont pay for it in other words.