ive been playing for about 6 years and i find myself losing my intrest in guitar. its not lack of cool gear cause i have all sorts of ****. i think i may be tired of rock, cause i love guitar but i am not really into writing only cause i cant, and i feel like ive learnd all rock can offer, im at a loss can someone help?
Learn another genre!!!
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
There's more genres to learn than rock?

I lost interest in guitar and don't play anymore. You should also just (really) think if it is something you want to make a commitment to.
in all seriousness: take a break. play some fun ****. im sorry, gutiar hero is fun and you dont have to think or take it too seriosly.

go to a gig.

go camping.

or just lock it in a cupboard for a week. i guarentee, youll want to just gutiar rape it after four days.

or dont listen to music. let things just....emrge.
learn something new, or challenging.

Or write some songs.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Basically learn other genres like everyone else sais. I've heard both blues and jazz are pretty difficult, you could try those. Or if you haven't already learn some progressive rock, it's an intereresting way to explore all different types of music. You could also try learning another intrument, say bass or keyboard, then simultaneously writing parts for them, it'd open up new eras of music you haven't yet explored in writing.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
Learn Ska, or Reggae, or Funk.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Go to a rock gig, that always fires me back up, even a good jam does that :p
Quote by Snake™

agreed
or even better
learn all three
now thats a wacky idea
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by Snake™

+1
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
STOP THE GITAR AND GO JERK OFF U MORON, PRESS 9 IF U AGREE :d:d:d::d:d:d:d:d::d;D;D;D;D;D;D;;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D; P.S: GUITAR ROCKS U MUST BE GAY TO NO INTEREST IN TI AHAHHAHAHA
Quit, and give me all your stuff plz.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
i just got back from crue fest, and bought a new guitar. i think im just done with guitar maybe? i know il always play it while camping around the fire but i think im just done trying to take it so serriously
Create a challenge for yourself-

Learn all of the top 100 guitar solos?
http://guitar.about.com/library/bl100greatest.htm

Pick up bass guitar?

Write a concept album?

Try progressive rock and metal? The different time signatures would be great to learn.
Weapons of choice-
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Jazz Bass

Favorite genre-

Hard Rock
Hair Metal
Classic Metal
J-Rock

listen to rap for about ten minutes!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world
domination.
get a bass. a 12 string, a django one whatever they called

or go to a gig
what gets me back in the mood
espically when u think ur better than the bands guitarist but not happened to much to me haha
Are you guys serious? He lost interest in GUITAR. Not rock. If he didn't learn Jazz in all those years, he probably isn't interested, and won't make it better.
Okay now to the point. It's ok if you lost interest. Like others said, try taking a break. Why don't you try learning another instrument besides guitar in the meanwhile? Like Piano or Violin? You could find a new addiction that way. And it would help you a lot musically speaking.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I lost interest in guitar quite some time ago.

Still come to UG though...
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I was in the same boat as you, except it was cause I'm so popular that i was too busy partying to practice.

Actually it was cause i was playing too much halo
How old are you?

Just keep playing with as many people as you can. Learn new genres like Jazz. Nothing says "I'm a well rounded musician" than knowing basic Jazz. Blend different styles together. My guitar teacher is actually playing cello in a Klezmar group; which is a mixture between ancient Hebrew music and modern Jazz. There is already stuff like fusion-jazz. But come up with something like "Country Jazz" or the like.

If you are in college or are going, do some research on what you need to get to apply for music school. Where I'm from, and out in Colorado, it is espically important to be fluent in your instrument, be a good sight reader, know your Jazz and Classical. Also know music theory, and know how to improvise.

There are so many possibilities in terms of what you can study in college musically. There is Music Theory, Music Business, Jazz, Classical, etc.

If you are interested, brush up and learn what you need to. It will give you something to work for so your not just ****ing around.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by MV4824
Your mother must be so proud.

Don't be silly. If she read that, she would give herself a **** punt.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
play with other people as much as possible. all the time if you can.
learn jazz, learn classical, learn how to sight read (kinda goes hand in hand with both classical and jazz) learn a wind instrumnent and try to phrase your guitar lines like the wind instrument, go to gigsm start a group
"Learn all that rock can offer"? Lololol

Dude, there's no limit to learning in music.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Quote by BassCatcher
ive been playing for about 6 years and i find myself losing my intrest in guitar. its not lack of cool gear cause i have all sorts of ****. i think i may be tired of rock, cause i love guitar but i am not really into writing only cause i cant, and i feel like ive learnd all rock can offer, im at a loss can someone help?

learn metal you pussy.

LAILLLLLLLARGHARGHARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Just stop for a bit then one day when you want to play again just start playing again, you'll be more interested if you take a break from it
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by Gargantuan
Jazz.

Learn it.

This man wins.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
dude don't give up. try something more challenging, like Joe Satriani, Cynic, Dream Theater, Necrophagist, or something, idk. Agalloch's not very challenging, but they're really cool to listen to.
Quote by 5tairway2Heaven
STOP THE GITAR AND GO JERK OFF U MORON, PRESS 9 IF U AGREE :d:d:d::d:d:d:d:d::d;D;D;D;D;D;D;;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D; P.S: GUITAR ROCKS U MUST BE GAY TO NO INTEREST IN TI AHAHHAHAHA

HAHHAHAHhahahhAHAh
Jazz will offer several new dimensions to your playing.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
when i finaly got tired of classic rock i lernt some metalica... after a week i ran out of metal to play and carried that speed over to my classic stuff... (srry for bad spelling)
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
Quote by slann101
in all seriousness: take a break. play some fun ****. im sorry, gutiar hero is fun and you dont have to think or take it too seriosly.

go to a gig.

go camping.

or just lock it in a cupboard for a week. i guarentee, youll want to just gutiar rape it after four days.

or dont listen to music. let things just....emrge.

i did this and it did wonders for me and also for my guitar tone in general also cause your not so used to hearing other bands tones so then you rely on your own likings a little bit more.