everybody needs to show there love for this new amazing genre out that is thriving more then ever, modern psychedelia, Im talking the warlocks, who are ****in incredible, the black angels, the brian jonestown and any other band you know out there in this genre, some of the best music out there today is in this genre and not enough people know about it
God Bless
flaming lips too I'm all about the psychedelia
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
The Flaming Lips are amazing musicians and highly influential. They have influenced several indie rock bands. There is a weird series of bands, though. The neo-psychedelic field, like all psychedelic music, is very drug-influenced. Not to insult people who do drugs, but there are very weird bands. If you look them up on MySpace, they include the Black Ryder, the Dolly Rocker Movement, the Laurels, the Astral Kaleidoscope, and others. It's a culture of its own.

The Brian Jonestown Massacre is prominent, because they are a glowing example of hippie culture revival. They are very strange, almost cult-like. The Morning After Girls is another band that is really good. They've released an album and they're from Australia. They are an underground band and you can find their two EPs on the US iTunes store and their album in the UK iTunes store.

There's also this cult rock band called the Acid Mothers Temple. It's like a Led Zeppelin-style rock band, having psychedelic music that hearkens back to the 1960s.
I think the flaming lips are not considered in this category, these use very melodic sounds but so do a lot of other bands like sigur ros, radiohead etc. I'm talkin the new throwback bands that are gettin bigger today. I saw the black angels for the third time I think a few months ago w/ the warlocks two huge bands in this genre, the warlocks are as heavy as gets in the psyche, good friends with the brian jonestown as are the Black Angels, I also forgot about the Dandy Warhols, you can't forget about those guys there sound nowadays has slipped a bit from the revolution but they still are one of the fore fathers of the genre
God Bless
Black Mountain could be considered modern psychedelia. I think that the Brian Jonestown Massacre are talented, but BRMC is a more successful version of them. The BJM and the BRMC were related, becaused the BRMC's lead guitarist was part of the BJM. The fact is that the BJM has had so many members.
Quote by Dragon Master
There's also this cult rock band called the Acid Mothers Temple. It's like a Led Zeppelin-style rock band, having psychedelic music that hearkens back to the 1960s.

This.
Quote by Hendrix_fan_14
This.

Pretty trippy stuff. The Morning After Girls are also good, seeing how they're strictly a rock and roll band. They're a psychedelic band.