I'm planning on buying a higher end guitar than I have before, and I was tossing around the idea of getting the ESP Horizon NT-II or the Ibanez S Prestige S5470. I've been playing Ibanez guitars for 5 years now and I really enjoy them, but that ESP is gorgeous and I've always wanted it. What do you guys think? Does anyone have either of these guitars, and if you do, could you possibly review it for me? Thanks for the help.
Well both are great MIJ guitars, so it really comes down to which you like the feel of better. Have you played the ESP at all or are you just going by looks? Also, do you want a trem on the guitar or not?
No I haven't played the ESP. I've never played the Ibanez either, but I feel confident I'll like it considering I've liked every other Ibanez I've played. However, since I'm basing both on looks, I do like the ESP more. I actually prefer the string-through body style of the ESP to that of the Ibanez, and I like the inlays more too. The only reason I was leaning more to the Ibanez is because I've only played an LTD (never ESP) and I didn't exactly care for it. But that ESP gives me chills looking at it and I would love to own it. I just want to be sure I make the right selection.
Is there any chance you could find somebody local that owns an ESP? It'd probably make things I little easier. I wouldn't wanna tell you to go with either one with you not knowing how they are, esspecially because I'm assuming you're buying new.
Quote by caraluzzo
Is there any chance you could find somebody local that owns an ESP? It'd probably make things I little easier. I wouldn't wanna tell you to go with either one with you not knowing how they are, esspecially because I'm assuming you're buying new.

+1

This is quite a lot of money you're spending, so I would highly advise taking a trip down to a store that deals with ESPs and Ibanezs. Not only do you get to try out those two models but you can try out loads of different guitars and end up walking out with something completely different!
Haha, one thing's for sure I know I want one of those guitars. I would love to play one of them if I can, but the only thing around me is a Guitar Center which does sell Ibanez guitars but not any of the high end stuff. And the only ESP's they get in are used and I've never seen a Horizon up there. A friend of mine has played both styles though, and he says to go with the ESP. I would love to hear some thoughts if you've ever played one. I'm honestly just looking for some opinions.
The way i feel about the S prestiges are very bias. The s series in whole seem like one step down from an RG prestige. But, I'm bias on that point.

The ESP is a VERY nice guitar. They feel better than a lot of prestige ibanez's i've tried.

The only way you should every buy any gear is from personal opinion. We can help guide you but it will all come down to how you like it. Play both guitars and decide for yourself. In this kind of price range theres not much that can go wrong. its all about what feels better to YOU.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
you can't go wrong with either of those. they're both great guitars. as far as i know, Prestige Ibanez have superb quality control, so does MIJ ESPs. it would all boil down to which you would be more comfortable to play.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC