this thread is all about creating cabs and to answer all the questions that the "tutorials" didnt cover.

my question is... is it possible to different speakers in 1 cab, say a pair of v30's and a pair of celestions in a 412 cab? (just as a scenario)

and what should you use to make a great sounding and well built cab?
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Alot of people put two different sets of speakers in their cabs.

And by the way... a V30 is a Celestion...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
yes youcan

im kinda curious what it would be like to put 4 dif types of speakers in one cab lol

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

lol yea.
GAS list...
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Quote by xFinnellx
this thread is all about creating cabs and to answer all the questions that the "tutorials" didnt cover.

my question is... is it possible to different speakers in 1 cab, say a pair of v30's and a pair of celestions in a 412 cab? (just as a scenario)

and what should you use to make a great sounding and well built cab?

*facepalm*
Quote by nebiru
Alot of people put two different sets of speakers in their cabs.

And by the way... a V30 is a Celestion...

wow.

anyway, yeah, its possible. if anyone hasnt figured that out yet....

btw....
2x V30
2x greenbacks
ftw
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
what are good speakers to use when you want to have a really strong high and really punchy bass? thats pretty much all i want
GAS list...
PGM 301
isnt there a thread on speakers??? i remember asking questions to this guy who answered in like 3 minutes. yeah. ok.. so.
no more about speakers here. what type of wood do you use?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
The type of wood will depend completely on the type of cab you are building. For a closed back cab, high quality plywood works fine. If you are going to insulate the inside, then the species of wood is not especially important. Just make sure that it has few or no voids. This does not mean standard plywood for constructing houses.

For an open back cab, solid pine gives smooth mellow tone, solid maple, maple plywood, or birch plywood will give you a bit more brightness. Wood species makes a bigger difference in an open back cab.