for some reason until about 8 oclock at night i have absolutley no motivation to pick up my gutiar other than to bust out a slayer or van halen tune. than at anywhere from 8-10 ill bring my cpu downstairs (i try to eliminate distractions) get my metronome out and practice anywhere from 1-4 hours (usually about 1 and a half to 2 hours). I kind of miss the days where i would practice 5 and 6 hours a day. the difference was back then id spend the whole time playing ramones and zeppelin songs and fooling around and now im doing scale alt picking exercises, legato exercises, and sometimes sweep picking (getting my alt pciking good is much more important to me) so i guess im practicing better in a way, but i just miss having that motivation that i had earlier even though now im actually learnig harder solos and doing it by learning the notes then slowing it down and getting it perfect instead of just winging it like i used to.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Reported, just...reported.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
cos ur a br00t@l vampire!
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
because everyone one is asleep so they cant hear you trying to play along to dragonforce
Quote by The Behemoth
You have aides.

AIDS*

and yes
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
I dunno. I get that too nowadays actually, it might be that during the day you aren't motivated because you have the time and ability to do other more entertaining things, then as time goes on you get the feeling that time is running out and that you have to do what you can before you go to bed..
Because you're doing harder things, and it's tough to spend a lot of time just learning, rather than just playing the songs.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by 5tairway2Heaven
i liek 2 jerk ov at night, dun no about u n00bs

Quote by I.O.T.M
cos ur a br00t@l vampire!

Quote by DayTripper1967
because your dick gets hard when you see teh !#@31#

*Reported*
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Why would this thread be reported?

To answer your question... you probably feel obligated to do other things during the day and when night time comes you can spend more time to yourself. Also, like you said, you used to just bust out tunes and play, which is basically all fun. What you're doing now is just hardcore practice, which is good, but it sounds like you need to mix in a bit more "fun time". If all you do when you pick up a guitar is routine practice, then it negates why you started playing in the first place; to play music.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
Quote by metalman9
*reported*

ha
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Could be many reasons. Like already said, you probably have other stuff and worries during the day.
Now a reason that not many thought about. Though I'm not so sure about if it's true. Just a theory:
Our ear, muffs a lot of the sounds and balances itself to ignore said sounds. Basically, there is a lot of sounds that we simply don't hear, but we still get them. That's why for example you can hear much better on lower volumes at night. Because your ear is more sensible to other noises since there aren't much background noises.
So since at night there aren't background noises that could distract you, you may prefer to practice at night.

Just a theory.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Brilliant!
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
yea i posted this in the wrong forum allright, if a mod sees this move it to the musicians talk forum, please dont close it. good advice dhoyft.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)