So i've been making electronic music, and i'm looking at getting a sampler to use at live stuff that i might be doing soon.

I've been looking at the BOSS SP-303 Dr Sampler, but at the moment, its a little too expensive, so has anyone got any suggestions on a decent, fairly cheap sampler?

cheers very much
R&R may be a better place as is the Studio-Central board.

Whats the 303 normally sell for and what are you looking to spend?

The Korg KAOSSILATOR goes for $200 and can be had cheaper used and sounds great.

A laptop can be used as well as suggested below my post but you will want an audio interface in the $200+ range to get that sound out and keep the quality. That probably isnt in your budget...
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 15, 2008,
Ill be using a laptop too, but i want something thatll be more physical to use on stage if that makes sense, im gona get alot of other percussion to play too, but i wanted a sampler to get that physical feel of playing it along with the computer sounds.

I'll only really be using the sampler for percussive type sounds to just drop in here and there while ive got other samples playing on the laptop.
once again, you'll need an interface for using one of those MIDI pad controllers

running out your headphone port will do a very poor job...

A good thing is most interfaces such as the EMU 0404 USB 2.0 have on board MIDI interfaces. The output for audio will be nearly top notch.
Quote by moody07747
once again, you'll need an interface for using one of those MIDI pad controllers

running out your headphone port will do a very poor job...

A good thing is most interfaces such as the EMU 0404 USB 2.0 have on board MIDI interfaces. The output for audio will be nearly top notch.

practically ever interface these days has a USB port
Thanks for all the info, i'm really only just starting to get into taking the electronic music i make into a live scenario so im really just finding my feet