so one of my friends' younger brothers wants me to teach him how to play something(so far he suggested Say Hello to Heaven-Temple of the Dog, and Everlong. i tried talking him out of everlong) for a school talent show. he has a band but i think he's the only guitarist. so i need suggestions for a good easy song by a band with one guitarist
thanks
teach them the old smoke'

you know what im talking about...
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
What's so difficult about Everlong? That's really simple...

But anyway, most Nirvana songs fit the bill.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Smoke on the Water, Iron Man, For Whom The Bell Tolls, basically anything that is power chord based.

MC name = Bearrorism
haha yeah, to be honest i think he just wants to do this one song for the chicks. while i usually hate that. the kids a freshman and i was flattered that he asked me to teach him so i agreed
Quote by break-me-in
What's so difficult about Everlong? That's really simple...

But anyway, most Nirvana songs fit the bill.

maybe you're just more talented than me, but its easy for me "now"
it wasnt easy back before i knew how to use my third finger
californication
The zephyr song
Arpeggios from hell
Adams song
One ( Intro )
Breaking the Law ( Intro )
wonderwall!!

w00t

first song i learnt all the way through

then back in black!

i forget from then on
definitly smoke on the water or paranoid by black sabbath.

edit: of it's fpr the girls the easiest and best song is: Jet - Areyou gonna be my girl

it get the ladies and the whole crowd in a good mood.
Quote by mr_hacksaw
so one of my friends' younger brothers wants me to teach him how to play something(so far he suggested Say Hello to Heaven-Temple of the Dog, and Everlong. i tried talking him out of everlong) for a school talent show. he has a band but i think he's the only guitarist. so i need suggestions for a good easy song by a band with one guitarist
thanks

Tabs For Beginners
Quote by mr_hacksaw
maybe you're just more talented than me, but its easy for me "now"
it wasnt easy back before i knew how to use my third finger

Well, I'd love to claim I'm more talented than you, and I probably am, but it only requires 2 fingers when I play it, so...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Teach him some Dethklok.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
live forever by oasis
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Smells like teen spirit. Nirvana. That was one of the first songs my friends learnt when he was new to guitar.
Quote by break-me-in
Well, I'd love to claim I'm more talented than you, and I probably am, but it only requires 2 fingers when I play it, so...

oh like hell it does
Quote by mr_hacksaw
oh like hell it does

...It does. You're supposed to tune the 6th string down a step to D. It's only difficult when people stupidly try to play it in standard tuning, which I'm assuming is your problem. Even then, it's not particularly challenging (if you exclude trying to hit the D note at the beginning of the verse riff, which is physically impossible in standard).

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
no, i can tune down to D, i love sevenfold so thats not a problem for me.
and it occured to me just now you misinterpreted what i said. i didnt i needed three fingers.i said i need my third finger.