So I recently got a killer deal on a Marshall AVT50 Head with a Marshall 1960 Cab
So now, i still have enough money to get a pedal for it
What pedal do you guys think will be most effective in getting tones for stuff like Van Halen or Jane's Addiction (when I get more cash, I'll buy more pedals, but in the meantime I can only get 1)
Thanks in advance
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Quote by Crimson Ghost
So I recently got a killer deal on a Marshall AVT50 Head with a Marshall 1960 Cab
So now, i still have enough money to get a pedal for it
What pedal do you guys think will be most effective in getting tones for stuff like Van Halen or Jane's Addiction (when I get more cash, I'll buy more pedals, but in th meantime I can only get 1)
Thanks in advance

Why are you getting an AVT?
Quote by Dream Pin
Why are you getting an AVT?

i already got it, it was a gift and it beats a line 6
The AVT50 is decent.

I don't listen to Janes addiction but for Van Halen, get a quality flanger and phaser.
Quote by Crimson Ghost
i already got it, it was a gift and it beats a line 6

Ouch.
Ouch indeed.

Right, so Van Halen tones and Janes Addiction..
First off, I'd suggest not getting a pedal unless you get a bloody good one because otherwise you might aswell just use your amps distortion.
If the pedal references anything within the metal genre and then adds a stupid buzzword to it (read: ultra, uber, mega, any combination of those) then steer FAR clear of it.
FAR clear.

I've heard good things about the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff. Probably not quite what you want, but worth trying out none the less.
Boss DS-1 maybe?
if it helps, I already have a Boss DS-1, Boss BF-2 Flanger, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, and a Morley Bad Horsie Wah