i was wondering if anyone could help me find a cheap way of connecting my guitar to my pc.
i got a pedal and a quarter inch cable with mic adaptor and i kinda use the pedal as a pre amp with audacity. works pretty well for me
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
I just use a 1/8 male to male cable and a 1/8 to 1/4 adaptor and run my guitar straight to the computer, or run the amp to the computer using the same cable/adaptor
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by skvvisgaar
I just use a 1/8 male to male cable and a 1/8 to 1/4 adaptor and run my guitar straight to the computer, or run the amp to the computer using the same cable/adaptor

Depending on the amp, that may not be a good idea. Most tube amps will not let you do that unless it has a line out jack specifically for that purpose.

I sometime run USB from Digitech RP to PC.
You can look at Lightsnakes and StealthPlugs which have built in sound cards.
You can plug guitar strait to PC but most sound cards will not like it. Something about 44htz and 24 bits.

I'm not an expert but I bet there are folks in Riffs and Recordings thread that are.

You can plug guitar strait to PC but most sound cards will not like it. Something about 44htz and 24 bits.
Your computer can like it if you do it correctly. The output of non powered pickups is low and the mic input on the PC is often noisy. Also the pure tone of the guitar isn't going to sound like anything special. You need to use s/w amp/cab simulations.

The Bad Monkey pedal has a cabinet simulator output. It also boosts the signal level so that you can bypass the mic preamp. Most multifx units have amp/cab sims. If it's an acoustic, it probably has a battery powered preamp. Since it's mono, run into the mic input and turn off the mic preamp in the volume recording control panel.

A mixer is good to have for input to your computer, but it's still the pure tone of the guitar.