hey I'm looking around at a bunch of Peavey classic 30's and I find that alot of sellers dont have the foot switch. Is it possible to buy a different foot switch that will work for the classic 30?
Vox sells a cheaper two-button switch in a metal housing that does the job. That's what I use. It's a pretty common replacement for the Classics.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Vox sells a cheaper two-button switch in a metal housing that does the job. That's what I use. It's a pretty common replacement for the Classics.
That's what I use. The person I bought it from chucked it in the deal for free.
That's the one. For added peace of mind, here are some pictures I just took:

Button "1" turns reverb on/off, while button "2" changes channels.

Last edited by Midnight Murk at Aug 15, 2008,
Yeah, any 2 button footswitch with a 1/4in plug will work. My C30 came with a Leem footswitch which is really solid. The stock footswitches aren't really that solid. I'm pretty sure they are plastic
Quote by Dandaman4716
ok thanks for the help! haha nice pics midnight!
Thanks. I had the camera right next to me, so I decided I might as well snap a few photos.

yea im probably gonna go for the vox one...well i should probably get the amp first right? hah
and thanks for the link nomad, but i probably wont be looking into that for a while because i am new to the whole technical stuff with tube amps.
Get the Vox one. The Peavey is made of plastic, doesn't work very well and is about the same price or even more expensive.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Mahoru
Get the Vox one. The Peavey is made of plastic, doesn't work very well and is about the same price or even more expensive.

Yea the footswitch I got for my Delta Blues is cheap plastic. Bought it new and the bottom falls off of it all the time. P.O.S.
TS, you pretty much can't go wrong with the Vox or any hand made one off of Ebay. They're very easy to make. In fact, if you're interested I have a great diagram I could send over if you want to build your own.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by rashbomber
You need to have a stereo cable for it to work

which is not the same as an instrument cable
Quote by rashbomber
You need to have a stereo cable for it to work

do you think he waited around 4 years?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.