Dadgbd

I think
Quote by Karvid
Maybe the number three has a human fetish

Quote by SeveralSpecies
It is a book by Michael Behe arguing for Intelligent Design.

I assume it has great tits because it has been repeatedly titty f*cked by REAL scientists.

Not really on topic, but as there are about 10 andy mckee threads per week I have a question.

Am i the only one around here who doesn't particularly enjoy his music? I mean, sure it takes skill to play, but it just doesn't make me want to listen.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
tuning DADGAD

search youtube for tutorials.

i like andy mckee because he's very skillful and his music is absolutely beautiful to me. It just flows so nicely and is peaceful to my ears, and it sounds like nothing i've ever heard before.
I think his songs are absolutely beautiful. I could listen to Drifting for hours on end.
Yea theres videos on youtube. Really accurate, by the way it just takes time to learn the song. It's pretty easy. The part where you knock on the wood and finger pick is the probably the hardest part. It's not that hard thought. Heres the link http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=okvb9sra1Vo there are other parts to it.
i hate the way his crap sounds, sounds like some new age bullsh*t
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote by HenHouse
i hate the way his crap sounds, sounds like some new age bullsh*t

"peace out guitar noob"
Quote by slidething31
Not really on topic, but as there are about 10 andy mckee threads per week I have a question.

Am i the only one around here who doesn't particularly enjoy his music? I mean, sure it takes skill to play, but it just doesn't make me want to listen.

I much prefer Dufour and Robert Taylor.

Mckee gets all the credit, but personally I think his music is the weakest of the Candyratters.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles

Mckee gets all the credit, but personally I think his music is the weakest of the Candyratters.

Most DEFINITELY NOT the weakest, you obviously haven't heard ALL the candyratters, just the most famous ones. Some of them are very boring to listen to. Besides, I don't think Andy gets the most views on youtube because of his "strength" but because he probably has some of the catchiest sounding songs of them all.
Quote by Rankles

McKee writes the best music, in terms of melody, to me. That's where he shines compared to the others, including Dufour and Robert Taylor. Dufour is fantastic though, and Robert Taylor (to me) is right behind him.

However, I agree, that it seems McKee gets all the credit. It's a shame, but it's how things go. He's a phenomenal player, still, whether or not he's more skilled, but he's CERTAINLY the best songwriter of the bunch.
Quote by THE NEKRYPH
Most DEFINITELY NOT the weakest, you obviously haven't heard ALL the candyratters, just the most famous ones. Some of them are very boring to listen to. Besides, I don't think Andy gets the most views on youtube because of his "strength" but because he probably has some of the catchiest sounding songs of them all.

I've heard all of them, you're missing my point. By Candyratters I was referring to the Candyrat acoustic soloists, being Dufour, Don Ross, Taylor and Mckee. There are no others to my knowledge on that site that play the same style of music.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
I've heard all of them, you're missing my point. By Candyratters I was referring to the Candyrat acoustic soloists, being Dufour, Don Ross, Taylor and Mckee. There are no others to my knowledge on that site that play the same style of music.

There's more acoustic soloists there, man. There's Craig D'Andrea, Peter Ciluzzi, Andrew White, Pino Forastierre, and Erick Turnbull.

Check their music out! Pretty awesome!!

But yeah. I agree on that part being that Mckee gets all the attention. I prefer Dufour, Ciluzzi and Forastierre over him myself. But I gotta admit, they all have different styles that appeal to different people. So I guess its personal preference on my part.. But it's sad that all they think about on rpoland is "OH! IT'S WHERE THAT MCKEE AWESOME DUDE WAS FROM!" and that's it. When there's more talent to be discovered, heard, and given a chance.
Last edited by ToOYOoT at Aug 18, 2008,
Yeah, what ToOYOot said. You obviously HAVEN'T heard all of them, and probably even haven't been to the candyrat website, if you think that. There are many more solo acoustic players on Candyrat, and also a lot that have albums for sale there, even if not signed to Candyrat records. One that ToOYOot missed, among others, is Preston Reed, who plays some pretty sweet stuff very much in the vein of Mckee, Dufour, and Ross.