Page 1 of 2
Basically, I kind of want to buy a Porsche Boxster because they are dirt cheap now. But it is such a chick's car. How could I make it more masculine, and not look like fruity. I plan on doing these mods:

-hardtop
-wheels
-bodykit
Be cool.
Don't do a body kit FFS. Wheels and a nice black or solid white paint job would look good enough.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
You should ad the "Don't be insecure" mod. I mean, you obviously already are if you're buying a porsche :-P

But seriously, if you feel that way now, you always will. Don't get a boxster if you think they're girly.

Take the money you would've spent, buy an S2000, boost it. Win.
Tape steak/power tools to the outside of it. Flawless idea.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Nims

Yes.

Porsches are for weenies.
Quote by Nims
You should ad the "Don't be insecure" mod. I mean, you obviously already are if you're buying a porsche :-P

But seriously, if you feel that way now, you always will. Don't get a boxster if you think they're girly.

Or maybe I just like Porsches and their engineering? Plus, I'm not into the whole Honda thing. I already drive a Civic.
Be cool.
Flowmaster exhaust

/thread

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Get a Cayman instead. The cost of that = cost of boxster + mods.
Quote by R_H_C_P
Tape steak/power tools to the outside of it. Flawless idea.

*Starts rummaging through shed*

This is gonna look awesome...

ಠ_ಠ

wat

DO NOT do body kit!! Do the hardtop, wheels, then lower it.

Actually its already pretty low so idk

IMO a 350z is way better but whatever floats your boat
Quote by HamOfGod
Get a Cayman instead. The cost of that = cost of boxster + mods.

Nah man, I can get a Bosxter for about $12 000. The cheapest Cayman is still around $50 000 in Canadian dollars. I'll shoot myself before I spend $38 000 in mods.
Be cool.
Make it go fast, and if anyone questions your masculinity, challenge them to a drag race and kick their ass.

Get a lot of stickers giving the car a girly name like "Florence" or "TheDude051" and take the piss of the driver of the other car saying they got beat by a girl/car hybrid.
Quote by thedude051
Or maybe I just like Porsches and their engineering? Plus, I'm not into the whole Honda thing. I already drive a Civic.

You like Porsche's engineering but not Honda's? Explain that logic to me.

Saying you don't want an S2000 because you have a civic is like saying I don't need to experience sex because my mom kissed me on the cheek once.

How about a used Elise? Cheaper than a boxster and 100x the awesome.
Quote by FireTag
boxster is the poor man's porsche, buying one of those is like saying "I'm not quite good enough to get a proper 911, but I'd like you to think that I am." If you want good engineering, how about an M3?

You watch to much Top Gear man...
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Nah man, I can get a Bosxter for about $12 000. The cheapest Cayman is still around $50 000 in Canadian dollars. I'll shoot myself before I spend $38 000 in mods.

But if you were going to spend 38 000 Canadian dollars, then how you gonna buy a gun foo'?
Quote by Nims

Mr. Nims, I like the way you think.
Quote by Nims
You like Porsche's engineering but not Honda's? Explain that logic to me.

Saying you don't want an S2000 because you have a civic is like saying I don't need to experience sex because my mom kissed me on the cheek once.

In general, Honda's engineering isn't meant to excite, its meant to function. Porsche does both of those VERY well. The only exception to that is the Honda S2000. Although revving at 9K is amazing, and they are constantly praised and 10X better than Boxster, I'd still prefer the Porsche. Just personal preference.
Be cool.
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Make it go fast, and if anyone questions your masculinity, challenge them to a drag race and kick their ass.

Get a lot of stickers giving the car a girly name like "Florence" or "TheDude051" and take the piss of the driver of the other car saying they got beat by a girl/car hybrid.

This coming from a person with the name "Son of the Viper".
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
In general, Honda's engineering isn't meant to excite, its meant to function. Porsche does both of those VERY well. The only exception to that is the Honda S2000. Although revving at 9K is amazing, and they are constantly praised and 10X better than Boxster, I'd still prefer the Porsche. Just personal preference.

This may be the discussion on UG I'm most qualified to have, as I own an S2000 (my 7th honda), used to race a 944t, 916 and boxsterS, and I'm a mechanical engineer.

It all comes down to what you want. I think the Boxster S is a nice car, and I'd own one and not worry about it a bit. To anyone who calls it a girls car, they're likely just jealous. Ask them to (try to) follow you a few laps around a road course and see how girly it is.
Quote by thedude051

Your thinking of toyota, honda's regular cars are pretty sporty.
Quote by thedude051

I agree, as much as I love Top Gear, the whole "You drive a £37,000 car because you can't afford an £80,000+ car, thus your life has gone down the pan." is utter balls, you could say that about pretty much any car you buy, or for that matter most other things you can purchase.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by thedude051

You can NEVER watch too much Top Gear.

And +1 on a Lotus Elise
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Throw away the lipstick, eyebrow pencil and tampons then apply a bumper sticker from a local gentlemans club and you're in there.
Quote by -jeff-
Your thinking of toyota, honda's regular cars are pretty sporty.

I cannot call a civic, accord, or indeed any other honda, save for an S2000, "sporty". Just feels wrong to me.

Quote by R_H_C_P
You can NEVER watch too much Top Gear.

+1 I just watched the limo building and destroying a toyota truck today. SOOOO great!!!
Quote by aaron6890
i cant believe it hasnt been said yet!

SPRAY PAINT A PENIS ON THE SIDE! DUH!

Like nawt funny....
Tune it ... Tuning is for boys !
Unless you've got a pink boxster
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant