Page 1 of 2
every 2 min i look theres a new thread "guitarist becoming bassist" "new to bass" "bass amp questions" is there any reason you tink why so many guitarist want to play bass now?
Try adding more delay.
Bored.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
white people want to be black
black people play bass

serioiusly though. being able to play bass gives you options as a musician. lot's of bands are looking for a bassist, guitarist are easier to find
I want Super Saiyan abilities
Because they want to? Does there really have to be a reason?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Isnt it obvious man?. All of the Aspartame in our food products is dumbing down society therefore pressing them to degrade to more.. simple instruments, geeze.
Guitar is for punk kids that can only play powerchords or for middle-aged men.
Quote by Burnt Ice
Isnt it obvious man?. All of the Aspartame in our food products is dumbing down society therefore pressing them to degrade to more.. simple instruments, geeze.

Are you trying to start a flame war?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I like to messing with bass cause my noobish stuff on guitar sounds like some expert stuff on a bass.
Quote by Daneeka
I like to messing with bass cause my noobish stuff on guitar sounds like some expert stuff on a bass.

Well, honestly that sounds like a guitarist playing a Bass, not like an expert Bass Player

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Because guitar players are dime a dozen and there is always a demand for bass players. Most bass players were guitar players that switched because their band couldn't find a bassist. That was my reason and I never looked back.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Well, honestly that sounds like a guitarist playing a Bass, not like an expert Bass Player

I am not an expert guitar player, nor an expert bass player, i'm only do it for the great enjoyment, i mean i don't use metronome, i don't doing any practice
Quote by BulletFrost
Cuz bass iz liek EZ n taks 2 hourez to learnz

/retarded

I guess you learned English in two hours too?
hmm, i realized something, bassists are better, and i hate more guitarist beause they think there so much better, but they actually suck and think bass is easy when its not and they are noobs
Try adding more delay.
Quote by caitan1962

He was being sarcastic...I think.
Quote by Victory2134

Obviously but if he actually thinks playing bass is easy it could go either way.
The vast majority of them are failed guitarists that think "BA$$ IS TH3 EZ INSTRUM3ENT" so they try to play it and end up playing 2 notes and joining a band that worships falloutboy new innovative sound!...
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by Victory2134

the little thing above his picture says "bass sux lul"

fyi to the noob that said it sucks, a guitarist is nothing without a bassist holding him up. the support to every band is bass and drums
Try adding more delay.
Quote by caitan1962

I guess your oblivious to sarcasm, sir.

Cuz i talkz leik dis all dayz evrydayz
You stole my Overture
Last edited by BulletFrost at Aug 15, 2008,
Quote by BulletFrost
I guess you're oblivious to sarcasm, sir.

Fixed foo'
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by telecastrmastr
hmm, i realized something, bassists are better, and i hate more guitarist beause they think there so much better, but they actually suck and think bass is easy when its not and they are noobs

BTW, I have never met a guitarist that acts like that. Never.
Although I have met a drummer that was a bass nazi
You stole my Overture
Quote by BulletFrost

i wasnt talkin bout u, some of the other people, and i ahve met a handfull of **** headed gutiarists, jsut realized it...and i think a kid on my bus is a nazi O_o i dont talk to him
Try adding more delay.
Quote by BulletFrost

Please tell me more of this Bass Nazi Drummer?
Quote by AmpleSteak
The vast majority of them are failed guitarists that think "BA$$ IS TH3 EZ INSTRUM3ENT" so they try to play it and end up playing 2 notes and joining a band that worships falloutboy new innovative sound!...

Obviously written by someone with less depth than a saucer. If you hate bassists so much then form your band without one and see how well you do.
Quote by BulletFrost

thats cos bass makes drums sound gooooooooooood

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Yeah a lot of guitarists think bass is for failed musicians, but thankfully none in my entourage are like that.

As for why they're going to bass. 3 possibilities.

1. Failed guitarist.
2. They want to expand their knowledge in music.
3. They realized bassists are gods.

Most likely the third one :P
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by Ranxston
Yeah a lot of guitarists think bass is for failed musicians, but thankfully none in my entourage are like that.

As for why they're going to bass. 3 possibilities.

3. They realized bassists are gods.

Most likely the third one :P

Finally someone with karma.
Well as a bassist my favorite was the late John Entwistle. He was the one who brought bass into the foreground of rock and roll. In John's absense I have to go with Billy Sheehan. Anybody who thinks bass isn't a viable instrument needs to watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xGqlKqAdTg

Plus he is trading licks with one of the best guitarist ever in Paul Gilbert.
By the way, Billy would eat Marcus anyday.
Last edited by caitan1962 at Aug 15, 2008,
i think one reason may be is its good to be a multi instrumentalist.I play a little guitar, so when i record some stuff i can have guitar with it too.
Another reason is after you have many years playing on the road like I have you will find plenty of cause to buy a home studio and do all of the parts yourself instead of dealing with the other band members. New programable electronic drums can replace any drummer. Most of us play music because we enjoy it. 99.9999999% of all musicians would starve if it was their only income.
[
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez IJX40
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1988 Peavey Dyna Bass
Markbass CMD 102 P
B52 AT212
Beheringer Ultrabass 3500
Hartke 410 XL
Hartke 210 Transporter
Peavey TKO
Peavey 115 BW
I used to play guitar exclusively, then my friend needed a bassist for a gig, and I filled in. I fell in love with it and decided to play bass pretty much exclusively. I'll admit that I was a n00b towards bass, but now I have immense respect for anyone who can play any instrument well.
1) They want to learn some basslines they like, obviously.

2) They want to learn a new instrument, it's relatively easy for a guitarist to learn to play bass.

3) Fewer people play bass, so playing bass means more opportunities to join a band.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty of other good reasons.
Quote by caitan1962
Obviously written by someone with less depth than a saucer. If you hate bassists so much then form your band without one and see how well you do.

What? Did you even understand his post? He wasn't expressing his own opinion on bassists. He was merely stating that the majority of the guitarists who start playing bass think that it is an easier instrument, only to realize that they fail just as much on bass as they did on guitar.
Fler Ismaskiner!
I clearly understood his uneducated attempt at the mastery of ignorance. When stupid people have to think to be even more stupid it creates a folly that few people have ever seen.
[
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez IJX40
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1988 Peavey Dyna Bass
Markbass CMD 102 P
B52 AT212
Beheringer Ultrabass 3500
Hartke 410 XL
Hartke 210 Transporter
Peavey TKO