I play all chords well power chords with my index and pinky finger is this wrong or is it like most things guitar related and down to preference?

Just thought i would ask as i have no control over my other finger (next to my pinky).

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

its all prefrence dude
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I do that too. Doesn't affect me, but unlike you, I do have control with my ring finger, so I can shift according to what chord (lol) needs a strummin'.

It's all preference, though.
I used to do it with my ring finger then I suddenly started to use the pinky and haven't looked back

oh and I think slash does it as well so I don't think you have anything to worry about
i do to you just wanna make sure your able to get two strings with your pinky which can be hard at first i think it makes it easier to move around and across strings with pinky but its just pref dude
it's generally more relaxed which is a good thing. learn to do both, it's not hard.
Doesn't Kirk Hammett do that?
I use my Pointer and Ring Fingers tho.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Playing Chords with the Devils Horns.

Greatest. song name. ever.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Thanks for clearing it up i just wanted to make sure, i usually find the wrong way of doing something and i am practising with my ring finger too its just i am alot better with "teh hornz!".

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

That way is easier to play power chords standing up.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I do it with my pointer and middle finger personaly so i have room for switching between chords n' such.
Its all preferance man.
If you feel more comfurtable that way it will be best to stick with it.
Thats why I do, my guitar teacher tried to fix me, but I didn't let him.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I never play just a simple root-fifth dyad. I ALWAYS throw in the octave, and a lot of the time I'll make it a barre chord.