So I've got an OLP music man and the volume and tone knobs randomly got ridiculously loose.
Does anyone know how to tighten them?
I tried taking the panel off, but I can't see how they'd actually be tightened.
I had the same problem with my Schecter. I took off the loose knobs stuck a fairly thick piece of pink paper in the side of the knob and put the knobs back on. It's not nearly as loose now. And if people notice the paper it's pink and therefore doesn't look as bad.
Does it feel loose, or does it "overturn" when you've turned all the way to the left or right?

It it feels loose, get a really small allen key, or flat ehaded screwdriver (use your own judgement). There should be a hole in the side of the knob. Put the knob on, and tighten this.

If it overturns, that means the pot is probably loose. Then it's a case of tightening some nuts.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Does it feel loose, or does it "overturn" when you've turned all the way to the left or right?

It it feels loose, get a really small allen key, or flat ehaded screwdriver (use your own judgement). There should be a hole in the side of the knob. Put the knob on, and tighten this.

If it overturns, that means the pot is probably loose. Then it's a case of tightening some nuts.

sniggers

As another point - if your pots aren't solid shaft, but split shaft, try bending them out a bit.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Unfortunately, there's nothing to unscrew to take the knobs off or to tighten them, so I have no idea what to do.

I should have waited a few more days so I could actually get to my bass, so this would probably be a little easier.
I have the same problem.But I really dont want to bend the shaft out because its split shaft.Anybody else got any ideas ???
Budget for new equipment:34 $
Total cost:1000

Devoted follower of Zeppelinism
Quote by identityxcrysis
Unfortunately, there's nothing to unscrew to take the knobs off or to tighten them, so I have no idea what to do.

then odds are (if it is the knobs, not the pots as delirium distinguished) that the pot shafts are split style and have been pinching inward, simply pull the knobs off and "unpinch" the shafts so that they will hold the knobs firmly again.

Or buy some new knobs with screws in them, switching knobs always adds a little character to an instrument.
Well if there is no way to tighten them... Drop a droplet of superglue into the pot and place it on the shaft... Should work for a while.