ive got a razr v3i that i ruined about 6 weeks ago putting it next to cup of ice water then overnight condensation caused water damage making it not work. i waited 2 days, no luck, 4 days no luck, after a week i gave up

for the hell of it i plugged it in today and the charging light came on.i put my sim card back in and it "works" but the screen didnt work at first but ive been ****ing around with it and its at about 2% as bright at it should be. i can BAIRLY make out numbers in my phone book.

ok to the point. i got it working by throwing it against my carpet floor kinda shaking everytihng up. i need other ideas of how to try to fix it. its in the freezer right now.

anything... try me. ive been through over 20 phones in the past 8 years and this one was by far the best. it made it 1.5 years and im using an old POS phone (ive named it telephonus deceptus) and i really dont wana by another one when i have 2 phones that both dont work for different reasons.
my friends are morons.. im the smart one of the bunch... yet i found myself outside throwing my phone 20 ft in the air and watching it hit the ground hoping the screen would start working.

but from that, the screen now flashed for about a 1/4 second normal brightness then goes very dim.
how will putting it in the freezer help?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by chris024
ive got a razr v3i that i ruined about 6 weeks ago putting it next to cup of ice water then overnight condensation caused water damage making it not work. i waited 2 days, no luck, 4 days no luck, after a week i gave up

for the hell of it i plugged it in today and the charging light came on.i put my sim card back in and it "works" but the screen didnt work at first but ive been ****ing around with it and its at about 2% as bright at it should be. i can BAIRLY make out numbers in my phone book.

ok to the point. i got it working by throwing it against my carpet floor kinda shaking everytihng up. i need other ideas of how to try to fix it. its in the freezer right now.

anything... try me. ive been through over 20 phones in the past 8 years and this one was by far the best. it made it 1.5 years and im using an old POS phone (ive named it telephonus deceptus) and i really dont wana by another one when i have 2 phones that both dont work for different reasons.

I love the fact that you wrote that in capitals.
You're the smart one of the bunch and you put it in the freezer? Are you focking kidding me?

So you determined that there is water inside - Smart.

You determined you need to get the water away from all the delicate components it's touching - Smart.

You determined that you could do this by FREEZING IT WHICH WILL CAUSE IT TO EXPAND AND POTENTIALLY BREAK ANYTHING THAT TRIES TO RESTRAIN IT? - Hmm...

Try a hairdryer, on the "cool" setting. It worked for me when my phone sat completely submerged in water for like 5 minutes.
Quote by rhysm
how will putting it in the freezer help?

electronics work better when they are colder. i dunno.... seemed like a good idea. i pulled it out and have been throwing it around again... no luck. the ringer works though, just got a phone call and i could hear and talk to the other person. thats the problem my other phone has, sometimes the microphone just dosnt work. kinda annoying... kinda funny. at least i have a good excuse to just stop talking to someone and hang up when they get boring.
Quote by Nims
You're the smart one of the bunch and you put it in the freezer? Are you focking kidding me?

So you determined that there is water inside - Smart.

You determined you need to get the water away from all the delicate components it's touching - Smart.

You determined that you could do this by FREEZING IT WHICH WILL CAUSE IT TO EXPAND AND POTENTIALLY BREAK ANYTHING THAT TRIES TO RESTRAIN IT? - Hmm...

Try a hairdryer, on the "cool" setting. It worked for me when my phone sat completely submerged in water for like 5 minutes.

that was 6 weeks ago.

i waited to make sure it was completely dry therefore the water wouldnt freeze inside the phone creating more problems. i half way thought this through - smart?

the phone "works" its just the screen is waaaay too dim. im starting to think its not just a weak signal to the screen, but that theres a backlight of sort thats uhhh... not staying on.
I will bet you money it's not completely dry. How could you know that if you haven't gotten it apart?

Give it 10 minutes or so blowing a cool hairdryer in any crack, port or opening you can find. It has worked every time I've done it (more times than I'd like to admit)
but the freezer on your fridge will just make more moisture build up inside =| nevermind the radical temperature changes breaking fragile thing-a-ma-doo-hickeys inside

this is like what happened to my ipod, it didnt work for a while, then barely worked then it just died, so just get a new one and stop jewin it
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
but the freezer on your fridge will just make more moisture build up inside =| nevermind the radical temperature changes breaking fragile thing-a-ma-doo-hickeys inside

this is like what happened to my ipod, it didnt work for a while, then barely worked then it just died, so just get a new one and stop jewin it

no imma keep jewin it. it will work... somehow some way.
Quote by Death_switch
Throw it in the bin and buy a homing pigeon to send messages.

this.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
But Who Was Phone?

What about melting that sucker?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Eric 666
How about you put that bitch in the oven for 30 seconds?

i did think of that but i know better... bairly
i dropped my rzr in a lake for about ten minutes (no lie) i was on the pier and it fell out of my pocket. then me and my friend went to the lodge to pick up our food we ordered and i was like

o **** wheres my phone

we found it in the lake

i dried it with a hair dryer and let it sit out for a few days. and it actually worked.. wow

but then for some reason my new phone that i just would malfunction and the buttons were all ****ed.
then i went to disney world and it still wasnt working.
but when we got the disney world and i got in my hotel room. i plugged it in to charge it and this girl put on the jesus radio station.
and my phone worked.

your solution:
go to disney world. put on the jesus station. and charge your phone.
if you think there is water in it, throw it in the microwave for a bit.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Probably the connections of the screen got messed up with you... jewing it around.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
Probably the connections of the screen got messed up with you... jewing it around.

shananagins!