My parents have said that for my sixteenth birthday which is in about seven months I can have a new guitar. I have a budget of about 1200 euro at the very most and i'm having trouble thinking of what to get.

Some bands I like are Suicide Silence, Cannibal Corpse, Parkway Drive, Devourment, Carnifex, Bullet For My Valentine, Bury Your Dead, ect. I basically like some Hardcore, Metal, Metalcore, Deathcore and Deathmetal.

I'm into deep detuned crunching riffs, breakdowns, and I like to throw in a few squeals. I usually tune in Drop C and sometimes Drop B.

I have been looking at the ESP LTD M1000 as I like the overall look of the guitar, I want a Floyd Rose and it has EMG pickups which I have previously tried on my friends guitar and liked.
Heres a link if anyone didn't know what guitar i'm on about - http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_m1000fmstbk_egitarre.htm

Any help is apprieciated but please actually help not post about how you don't like my music taste or something.

Thanks.
I've got a Marshall MG250DFX
It's not great but at the time I didn't know much about amps and guitars so the obvious answer was "Yeah! i'll get a big Marshall" LOL
Yeah, you should probably get a new amp. You could probably get a new amp and guitar in your budget if you look used.
It's actually not bad, but at the moment I have an Epiphone Firebird which for my type of music is a disgrace so I think that needs replacing more than my amp.

I also usually during band practice use the Line 6 Spider III amps in my youth club so i'll be fine for now
Spiders and MGs, according to the general consensus of UG, really suck.
I'd say get a new amp.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
First step is to sell your old amp and get a new one.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
You can afford some pretty nice Laney's, ENGL's, and Bugera's, which would still allow you to purchase a guitar.
Yeah, my main problem is my parents. I only got my amp at Christmas so they would majorly have a go at me if I tried to sell it.
But I will gather up a bit of money and then mention the idea to my parents.
What amps would you recommend? (guitar advice still needed)
Do you gig at all or is a bedroom practice amp?
Gear List:
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
A Laney VC30 with a decent Distortion and overdrive pedal would suffice. I'm not an expert on high gain amps so I'm guessing Laney would be good. I would suggest a Mesa if you can afford it.
Gear List:
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I've just had a look at the price of the Mesa's and they look to expensive for me.
Does anyone know about any decent combo amps because I can't really afford at the moment to buy a decent amp head and a speaker?
Quote by wolfy808
A Laney VC30 with a decent Distortion and overdrive pedal would suffice. I'm not an expert on high gain amps so I'm guessing Laney would be good. I would suggest a Mesa if you can afford it.

No way would a Laney VC30 cut through metal even with an OD pedal.

Perhaps look at ENGL Screamer 50 (although I don't think that would cut through as much) or go used. You can get some decent amps for second hand.

As for the guitars, is there any chance for you to try out the LTD guitar? I wouldn't really recommend a Floyd Rose equipped guitar if you are intending on changing tunings on a regular basis; not only will it be a bastard to change tunings and reset the bridge to parallel, you'll get all sorts of hells with intonation and general set up.

For uber downtuning like yourself, perhaps look at a 7 string or a baritone guitar?
Peavey 5150 combo maybe. Look at a used Mesa Combo as well.
Gear List:
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I'm not too familiar with seven string guitars, a band I like called Carnifex tune to drop A and they apparently use seven stringed guitars but I don't really know enough about them to have looked into it. Enlighten me
I see. Peavey's an ENGL's would suit well.
Gear List:
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I'll take a look at peavey's because my grandad has some friends that work in a peavey factory so he could maybe get discount xD
bugera amps are perfect for gain heads u like u i tried em and they are amazing tube amps but are loud as hell (120 watts all tube) for the bedroom, but when u get i a band u'll love having such a loud amp.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I have looked at the Bugera 333XL head and it looks nice, I have also looked around on youtube for reviews of it ect, and I like its sound.
What does anyone think about running it through a Krank cabinet?