I was looking into this amp at my local music shop I was planning on trying it out I was just wondering if this is a decent amp or crap.

Super Champ

I want to play rock ,blues, and jazz with. I have Fender Strat.
I don't fully have an opinion on this amp yet, but I do recommend trying the Epi Valve Jr as well. That is a real class amp, when I tested each shorty...I preferred the Epi.
I like the Super Champ A LOT. The VJ is great, but only when cranked. The Super Champ is WAY more versatile. At lower volumes it's way superior. The Super Champ is a GREAT amp, highly recommend it!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
That was the other amp I was looking at but I like the fact that the Fender has 2 separate channels and tone control. I'm going to go try them out so I was just wondering if it was worth while trying this one.
It defiently is! The Epi is good, but I'd take the Champ anyday. It's got great versatility and it has an all tube power amp, which is where it REALLY matters.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

There good amps. I wouldn't go for a Valve Junior in your case because the cleans aren't that great IMO. There already a bunch of voicings on the Super Champ for the stuff you'll be playing. But why not try the VibroChamp? I think it's the same thing only smaller. If you're gigging even a Super Champ won't get through. So basically if it's just for playing at home I'd go for the VC. If you're going to be gigging then I'd get an amp with more power.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Then skip the VJ, its too loud for home. The Vibro should be enpougj to ply at home. Try both and see which one you like the most!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band