Hi

Ive been thinking about buying a metal pedal.But i think i need a litle help cause im new to pedals.
Since its my first pedal i dont want something expensive but i dont want som crapy thing that doesnt sound good.

So what im looking for is a good metalpedal thats not too exspensive.
Id like some recomendations.
How much is your budget?
I'd say metalmuff if you got 100 dollars.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
well if your looking for a heavier sound it would be wise in spending your money on a Digitech Death Metal stomp box (its another name for a pedal btw) it would be wise getting a 9v adaptor aswell because it eas through 9v batteries with ease
metalmuff for sure
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
How much is your budget?
I'd say metalmuff if you got 100 dollars.

150 dollars is the highest price i would pay
Metal Muff is the way to go. It's fantastic, and is 100% worth the price tag. Last time I played one (few months ago), it was great, but had quite a lot of feedback at high volumes.
Boss ML-2 Metal Core pedal if your looking for a pure, undiluted metal tone with a mad mid-scoop, and Boss MT-2 Metal Zone if your looking for something more versitle.
Quote by cowboy_bill
Boss ML-2 Metal Core pedal if your looking for a pure, undiluted metal tone with a mad mid-scoop, and Boss MT-2 Metal Zone if your looking for something more versitle.

NO.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
Both of those pedals are horrible and scooping your mids makes for horrible tone anyway.

Metal Muff.
Quote by cowboy_bill
Hey mid-lover boy, shove it. Not everyone wants the same damn tone as you.

+ mother****ing 300
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Quote by cowboy_bill

I agree with you that not everyone wants the same tone as him, but having mids is EXTREMELY important to the guitar cutting through the mix in a live situation. The guitar is a mid ranged instrument which is why you need mids. The cymbals from drums are highs and the bass are the lows.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Dream Pin
NO.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
Both of those pedals are horrible and scooping your mids makes for horrible tone anyway.

Metal Muff.

think this guy is just a bit tooooo serious about his mids the metal muff is the way to go for sure.
i agree with the Metal Muff or Boss ML-2. i've heard the MI Audio Crunch Box can do metal as well.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by mini_groning
150 dollars is the highest price i would pay

In that case, go for the sansamp gt-2.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by cowboy_bill

sigged
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by cowboy_bill

If you think scooped mids sound good you're a ****ing retard.
Mids is where the body of the guitar is. Scoop the mids and you might aswell just not bother playing the damn instrument at all.
Everyone in here seems to support the Metal Muff.

Now, while I personally love EHX pedals, is it better than the Maxon OD-9 for VERSATILE gain boosting?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Everyone in here seems to support the Metal Muff.

Now, while I personally love EHX pedals, is it better than the Maxon OD-9 for VERSATILE gain boosting?

For just a boost the Maxon is better. What kind of amp are you using?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by cowboy_bill

Quote by cowboy_bill

Quote by leviticus_22953
i agree with the Metal Muff or Boss ML-2. i've heard the MI Audio Crunch Box can do metal as well.

Although people can have their opinions, the metalzone is ah orrible, horrible pedal.

The metal core isn't to bad though. Im a fan of EQ pedals. EQ + metalcore = Epic...

Have the EQ in your effects loop and boost the mids slightly with it.

Cut the mids on your metalcore.

Then just find a tone you like with the EQ.

my first call would be to buy a new amp.

My second call would be go for a Rocktron Zombie or a Toadworks Death Rattle.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
EHX Metal Muff
Proco Rat
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage

Not true
Mids is where the body of the guitar is.

True
Scoop the mids and you might aswell just not bother playing the damn instrument at all.
Not true
Quote by Dream Pin
Mids is where the body of the guitar is. Scoop the mids and you might aswell just not bother playing the damn instrument at all.

the person most likely to rush a stage and shoot the guitarist with the scooped mids.................... Dream pin! scooped mids have been around as long as metal has chill out. some people like scooped mids deal with it.
Scooped mids are perfectly fine for bedroom practicing and recording.
NOOOOOO

dont get the boss, its very dry and overall a dissapointing pedal, i had this choice a few months ago and i got an EHX Metal Muff, trust me its the only pedal that deserves the word Metal in its title, i got some excellent rock tones aswell. And look at my amp, its not even making the most of the pedal, i played it threw a peavey 112 valveking and it is the greatest sounding pedal ever. take my advise man.

Metal Muff is the best
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Well it all depends on your amp really... if its a modeling amp I wouldn't bother. But I have a Metal Muff that I really like for when I'm not playing funk or blues. It's REALLY versatile with it's 3 band EQ and a top boost that I never use cause I play with a really bright guitar and lots of treble anyways but its there nonetheless. I can't say any of the Boss distortions I tried were better than the Metal Muff. The Metal Muff can do all of the Boss tones but more organic and just better sounding.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
Well it all depends on your amp really... if its a modeling amp I wouldn't bother. But I have a Metal Muff that I really like for when I'm not playing funk or blues. It's REALLY versatile with it's 3 band EQ and a top boost that I never use cause I play with a really bright guitar and lots of treble anyways but its there nonetheless. I can't say any of the Boss distortions I tried were better than the Metal Muff. The Metal Muff can do all of the Boss tones but more organic and just better sounding.

+1

Good way to descirbe it, it is more organic
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by BleedDeathMetal