Been bouncing around different heads to replace my 6505 in the somewhat near future, everything from modded plexis to mesas have been considered. I came across the randall v2, and I have a few questions.

1. Do the clean channel and hybrid channel benefit from the solid state and half solid state, respectivley? In terms of headroom and tightness, does it help?

2. Im assuming the all tube channel sounds just like a regular high gain tube amp right? No solid state there?

3. How would it compare to other Hi gain contenders, such as my own 6505+, a dual rec, or even the Randall rm100, etc.

Thoughts? Pros/Cons?

If you have any, links to quality sound demos/clip would be appreciated.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I was looking into this amp for a while as well, and I'll tell you what I discovered. Like most good Randall's, the amp has alot of low end to it. I wouldn't exactly call the cleans great TBH, but they're usable with a little bit of tweaking I suppose. The tube channel is all tube, no worrys there. This amp can hang with some of the higher-end heads, but not all. I also found the built in 6 band EQ to be a pretty cool feature on this amp.

If you're looking to buy the head used, then theres a chance you can get a better used head for a little more cash. From what I remember, these amps are like $1200 new, correct? If you could get about $1500, I'm sure you could get your hands on something like a used Powerball or something. I'm not sure how it would compare with your 6505+ though. If you search around, you can find out alot about this amp, and probably get some descent soundclips.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but that's all I remember at the moment.
That helps alot thanks.

How does it compare to the RM100 with say, a Ultra xl preamp in it, obviosoly in a hi gain setting?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
From what I know, the RM100 is a bit better then the V2 in almost all ways. The only thing the V2 might have over the RM100 is a little more lowend, but it's hard to say. It's something I'd have to do with a side by side comparison.