I was wondering if anyone could point me to anywhere that has either diagrams of a p bass body or the dimentions of one.

I am trying to build my own version but as i dont have a p bass my self, it is hard to get the sizes right.

Even the acurate measurements of the length and width would help me a lot.

Can anyone help me?

thanks,
xx
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
are you gonna be building the body and everything?
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by CaptainJack666
are you gonna be building the body and everything?

Yeah. Well with a little help. My mate's dad owns a saw mill, so im getting the people down there to help me

xx
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
sounds pretty cool. couldnt find any diagrams im afraid. i could measure up my precision in the mornin i guess, i could use them myself too i spose
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Here's what you do. Get a picture of a P-bass printed on a clear piece of paper. Get yourself an overhead projector and project the image on the wall. Adjust it until the scale length is 34" then trace the projection on to a piece of paper. I am a luthier, I have done this numerous times, its the best most accurate way of doing it.

Bass-man
Quote by Bass-man43
Here's what you do. Get a picture of a P-bass printed on a clear piece of paper. Get yourself an overhead projector and project the image on the wall. Adjust it until the scale length is 34" then trace the projection on to a piece of paper. I am a luthier, I have done this numerous times, its the best most accurate way of doing it.

Bass-man

Ahh, I have tried doing this sort of thing, but I did it rather differently. I got a picture of a p bass of the fender website, then I made an outline of the body on photoshop, then I scaled it up and printed it off on four sheets of a4. This seems to have worked, but as I dont know the dimensions of the actual bass i dont know if i have scaled it right.

Do you understand my problem?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
Did it print of the neck as well. Because if you did you could line up all the pieces and get them all perfect, then check the scale length. IF the scale length is pretty close you should be fine. The closer the better though you know?
Quote by shinhoman
Ahh, I have tried doing this sort of thing, but I did it rather differently. I got a picture of a p bass of the fender website, then I made an outline of the body on photoshop, then I scaled it up and printed it off on four sheets of a4. This seems to have worked, but as I dont know the dimensions of the actual bass i dont know if i have scaled it right.

Do you understand my problem?

x

Use this picture's bridge and/or nut against an actual bridge and/or nut to re-size your printout: http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/0190460705v2_hi-aacb4a3655971a7a5d5188197f56bc60.jpg