I'm 15 and currently i have a vox ad100vth, but its too much of an amp for me, seeings my band hasnt done anything, so im selling it. Basically i need help to find a smaller amp, i play metal mainly, but i like nice cleans aswell, i was thinking of getting a Roland cbe 30x or 60 (depending on how much money i have) or a line 6 spider III 30 watt amp. Please help me to decide which is better for me.
Quote by Mike 'em all
I'm 15 and currently i have a vox ad100vth, but its too much of an amp for me, seeings my band hasnt done anything, so im selling it. Basically i need help to find a smaller amp, i play metal mainly, but i like nice cleans aswell, i was thinking of getting a Roland cbe 30x or 60 (depending on how much money i have) or a line 6 spider III 30 watt amp. Please help me to decide which is better for me.

You have no reason to sell that amp. It is a better amp than the ones you listed. It's not worth selling to get one of those amps.

You should have no tone issues with not cranking it, since it is solid state.

I suggest you either keep it, or save up some money, and sell it. Then you could buy a tube amp.
Good call kid, your 15, don't gig and play mostly metal. Yea, you probably don't need a 100 watt amp. I applaud your common sense, there is hope for UG yet... I would think a cube 30 would suit you well and not break the bank. Try one, good cleans, good metal crunch. Look used, I like craigslist just because you can try before you buy. What a refreshing thread. Thanks, I needed that.
thanks for all the comments people, jsut to let u know my mate is gonna sell his cube 30x to me for $100, it still works perfectly and some1 rang yesterday to say that they're interested in my current vox so its turning out pretty good
Quote by Mike 'em all
thanks for all the comments people, jsut to let u know my mate is gonna sell his cube 30x to me for $100, it still works perfectly and some1 rang yesterday to say that they're interested in my current vox so its turning out pretty good

Nice deal.

With what's left over from the VT sale, you can snag a little 5 watt tube amp.
Great news, karma is paying you back one. You should have some cash left over to do whatever with, small other amp, guitar pups, whatever you want. I hope that works out for you.
i might buy an esp ax 50 with the money left over, but ive never played one so ill have to try it out