I want to put the EMG 81/85 combo in a Fender Strat. YEs i know what a waste it is but i LOVE fender so i wana know if it is possible to put the emg 81/85 pickups in it and how.

and another question. Is it possible to put a THIRD pickup in a Jackson guitar and how? All i see is 2 Pickups in Jackson guitars. Thanx
Last edited by slashjr18 at Aug 15, 2008,
its possible for both questions but you will need to put in a 3 cavity on the jackson
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
Ibanez Talman Acoustic (Black Betty)
Quote by slashjr18
I want to put the EMG 81/85 combo in a Fender Strat. YEs i know what a waste it is but i LOVE fender so i wana know if it is possible to put the emg 81/85 pickups in it.

If it has 3 single coils you might need to route the body cavity depending on how it's routed now and a new pickguard of course.
Quote by slashjr18
I want to put the EMG 81/85 combo in a Fender Strat. YEs i know what a waste it is but i LOVE fender so i wana know if it is possible to put the emg 81/85 pickups in it and how.

and another question. Is it possible to put a THIRD pickup in a Jackson guitar and how? All i see is 2 Pickups in Jackson guitars. Thanx

you can put EMGs. make sure the body is routed for humbuckers then buy an HH pickguard and slap in EMGs in them. for the jackson, you have to route another pickup cavity if you want a third pickup.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I have a fender strat with the 81/85 combo. Its an oddball 83 elite that came with 3 single coil EMGs so has a convenient battery compartment in the back. Some fenders will have the route that 2 hums will drop in others you might have to do some routing.
*bangs head on table until bloodied* I think the EMG mod may be cool, but why 3 pups in a jackson? seems pointless to me
Quote by ESP_Shreder
*bangs head on table until bloodied* I think the EMG mod may be cool, but why 3 pups in a jackson? seems pointless to me

I think its gonna be cool to see how many threads pop up about where to
buy this "new jackson" that TS is gonna make..
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett