Page 1 of 8
Well it is only a theory, but allow me to explain:

If you go out at night and stare at the stars, you realize that they emit light. If you see a star that is 100 million light years (it's a distance, in case some of you Pit-Tards don't know) away from the earth, the light you see was emitted 100 million years ago from that star. Images you see though telescopes give you the picture of what that star was like 100 million years ago.

So my theory is, if we could travel much faster than light, maybe just for a while, 5 minutes, perhaps, and we look back to the Earth, what we see is history.

For example, if two persons stand on a perfect flat surface, one switches on a light bulb, the other one starts to travel away from that light bulb with twice the speed of light for 10 seconds. He stops after 10 seconds and turns around - let's suppose the time that takes him to turn around is zero - what he would see is a dimmed light bulb. 5 seconds after he turns around, the light that is being emitted from that light bulb reaches that person, and he perceive the switch-on, and it is history.

Back to Earth...If we want to see the scenes of 9/11. That is roughly 7 years ago. It means if there is an observer that is 7 light years away from Earth, he is now seeing it happening. So if we can travel at a certain speed that is faster than light, we may catch the light that is being emitted - or rather, reflected - on September 11th, 2001 in a certain period of time, and be able to see the plane crushing into the Towers. Now that, is history.

But it's only a theory though, you probably have had same ideas like mine.

Thoughts?

EDIT: HEY YOU ****ERS, don't ****ing tell me that i can't achieve the speed of light. I NEVER SAID I COULD. So shut the **** up about the speed of light already. It's only a ****ing theory. Besides, I'm not interested in watching history anyway, I'm just interested in how light works.

And for those of you who called me a nerd, well I'm not a nerd and **** you. I like physics and mechanical engineering. One day you'll be riding one of the most prestigious sports car in the world with the engine that is designed by me. So shut your uneducated mouths.

Edit #2:

Quote by Aaron0612
Sort of off-topic: So could some creepy aliens millions of light years away be watching critters evolve into man? Bad-ass.

Well I think that is correct. What he is trying to say is that if there is a planet 10 light years away from us with lifeforms inhabited, whom also have similar technologies as ours, they may now see what the Earth looks like 10 years ago.
peanuts and beers
Last edited by Infatuation at Aug 18, 2008,
I'd go look at the stars but I don't have bear eyes.
Edit: Beaten.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this. Now I need Cheez-Its.

This was directed to me by the way.
haha
Quote by Våd Hamster
I don't have bear eyes.

Damn, I was born unprepared for this shit.
Interesting
Bada Bing

FIGHT LIKE A BRAVE

Shaga shaga woop woop...woot woot funkay funkay!

I don't see what you're getting at.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
enough with the bear jokes maybe?
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
I do not see what bears have to do with this.

EDIT: Oh shit, that was a misspelling on your part. I didn't even think of that.
[insert bear eyes joke]

Join the bear grylls foundation! Link in sig!
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
I understand but its impossible.
Budget for new equipment:34 $
Total cost:1000

Devoted follower of Zeppelinism
Quote by Flying Couch
I do not see what bears have to do with this.

EDIT: Oh shit, that was a misspelling on your part. I didn't even think of that.

We can't go away and look back at earth, but this is how we know about the early universe.
That's not how light works. You can't travel at twice the speed of light. Besides, that's not a theory, it is barely even a hypothesis.

You fail at peer review.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
I'm not sure it would be possible in the near future, but I applaud you for your attempt.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

TS, in all honestly, pics, or gtfo.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Quote by darthteet
That's not how light works. You can't travel at twice the speed of light. Besides, that's not a theory, it is barely even a hypothesis.

You fail at peer review.

I honestly believe we can travel faster than the speed of light. However, we wouldn't be able to see ourselves because the image of the actions won't reach us in time. So we'd just be a blur.
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Quote by darthteet

You fail at peer review.

Why not?
Sig What?
It's not physically possible to travel faster than the speed of light. Plus that applies to light, I'm not sure you would be able to see anything as the amount of light given off by 9-11 is minimal. Plus you need a telescope that could see 7 light years away.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by SathiaSun
I honestly believe we can travel faster than the speed of light.
Einstein disagrees.
Quote by Infatuation
sorry for the misspelled bare

Nono, don't apologize. It's quite alright.

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by darthteet

You fail at peer review.

Definition of asshole : darthteet
You see history, but that's just sight. It's already happened. If a star blew up now, it'd be happening now, not 100 million years later. It's just the reception of light.
sorry to tell you, but plenty of other people have realized the exact same thing. It's not that difficult a concept.
Quote by sk8boardbob2
It's not physically possible to travel faster than the speed of light. Plus that applies to light, I'm not sure you would be able to see anything as the amount of light given off by 9-11 is minimal. Plus you need a telescope that could see 7 light years away.

the telescopes we have now can see for 100's (maybe 1000's?) of lightyears already, that part isn't the problem

Edit: scratch that, they can see millions and billions of light years away.
Quote by smb
Einstein disagrees.

So if Einstein said you have a small penis, then you'd believe that? Way to jump on the bandwagon.

And besides, it wasn't as if Einstein was a physicist or anything.
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Quote by NotSoAirJordan
You see history, but that's just sight. It's already happened. If a star blew up now, it'd be happening now, not 100 million years later. It's just the reception of light.

this.

and the fact that if you travel 2x the speed of light the g-force would rip your skin right off your body and your skull would be flat.
Quote by sprkidjar
i would but i dont have bear eyes

lolololololololol

This guy figure out how to travel back 8 minutes ago to when that was still funny.
So I guess it does work!
Someone please make a demotivational that has pedobear and it says bear eyes: they can see history.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Quote by SathiaSun
I honestly believe we can travel faster than the speed of light. However, we wouldn't be able to see ourselves because the image of the actions won't reach us in time. So we'd just be a blur.

Yeah but that's not what reality says. Reality doesn't care what you believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light_in_vacuum
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
A better idea would be this: Sit on the moon and watch everything happen that happened a while ago. Instead of traveling fast to see the biggest nerd in the school get slapped in the face with a dick again and again.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by SathiaSun
So if Einstein said you have a small penis, then you'd believe that? Way to jump on the bandwagon.

you're a fucking idiot

and my penis is monstrous, as you'd expect from a dinosaur of my standing.
Quote by Mecler
This guy figure out how to travel back 8 minutes ago to when that was still funny.
So I guess it does work!

yea cause i looked at the stars and saw history.
Quote by SathiaSun

I've made you totally self-conscious, haven't I?
Quote by SathiaSun

Clearly, you are smarter than him.