Poll: are your parents helping you with college costs?
Poll Options
View poll results: are your parents helping you with college costs?
yes. almost or all of it
42 36%
most of it
18 15%
some of it
31 26%
none of it. it's all on me.
25 21%
Voters: 117.
Page 1 of 2
this includes anything: tuition, books, dorm costs, food...etc

i feel kind of spoiled saying this, but my parents are pretty much paying for everything. my grandma is going to be giving me 100 dollars every month as well for spending.
Yeah, parents are paying for it all. ALthough they don't mind if I get a couple scholorships to help them out.
Weekend Warrior
Tuition is ~$8,000 a year. I have ~$3,000 per year in KEES money (state funding based on high school GPA + ACT score), got a few scholarships from organizations in high school. So I'm looking at having to make up ~$4,000. Parents are helping out on quite a bit of it, and I'm paying for some. Paid for my own books, laptop, and few other things. I'll probably get a scholarship in my 2nd year, so this situation should be solved.

I guess they're paying more that I don't consider as I'm still living at home.
University shall be loans and it's pretty much just me on my own. My Mum's helped me buy essentials for my little flat but the debts are mine. We don't have a great deal of money anyway, otherwise they may have helped a little.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Yes, my parents are paying for all of it. I'll probably start putting more money into it when I start actually making some, lol. Then again, once I get started, it's going to be very hard to maintain a job while trying to keep my grades up.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
My parents are paying for all of it... which means I have to live up to their expectations and complete six years of hard, grueling work before I lay my hands on a doctorate.
I see no sign of fortress.
mine is covered right know by federal loans, but my parents said that they were going to pay off the loans. To make things worse I live with my grandparents to save more money. I'm going to pay for most of it behind their backs once I get my job, though, I feel I owe it to them after all those years of acting like an ass to them. I go to a school where it is real cheap to go.
Gear
Black Bessie (Strat Copy)
Home Made Amp
Digitech RP150
I still have 2 years, but I'm hoping to get a scholarship. I'll be paying for some, but my parents will cover most of it.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
HOPE scholarship, which anyone with an A or B average in high school gets, guaranteed, plus my parents pay the rest of the money. Georgia rules, in that aspect.

It sucks in all the others.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
My government's paying my tutition fees. The governments also giving me a 2000 pound loan (interest to only match inflation) which I don't pay back until i earn over 15500. My can't really pay for my uni stuff, lol.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
lol my mom said i can live at home whilei go to school but only if im going to school, if i drop out then im out on the streets. she also said that she will pay it but only if i complete it fully.
My parents have paid very little toward my education. I have had to work to pay my living expenses. And I am $40000 in debt from student loans that have paid for tuition books etc. You are very fortuante to have that taken care of.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul
Cheap Acoustic
Marshall MG10
Peavy TNT130

Yeah, a good bit at least. I certainly have some of it to pay, but the majority is being paid for.

Also hoping to try and get some sort of scholarship or whatever to lessen the load.
Last year, they paid all. This year I'm paying for the books and the first semester.
Free "College", free University.

Scotland is bloody fantastic.

lol@uguys
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Long story short, I don't have a job at the moment, the cost was much larger then I had anticipated and now I am expected to pay my parents back. Otherwise, I'd be on my own.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
No. No help at all. I'm paying for my kids all by myself.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Insanity^2
Free "College", free University.

Scotland is bloody fantastic.

lol@uguys

I voted for most. They're paying for undergrad, but I have to pay for grad school.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Trabo
thats because all universitys in scotland suck.

lol, no. That's just not true. Old, reputable, in the 100 best in the world? (Certainly Glasgow, Aberdeen, St Andrews and Edinburgh) Yes.
There's got to be a reason to live somewhere cold, poor and Labour. Free tuition is that reason.
my college is paying for my college because my dad works at my college. college college college.

yeah, i have lots of loans out for books, housing, and whatever else. i assume that i will have to pay those off on my own, but if i get lucky my parents will help me out some.
Quote by smb
There's got to be a reason to live somewhere cold, poor and Labour. Free tuition is that reason.

The whole country's labour, you may have noticed if you've seen the parliament lately
I had enough money in my bank (from 18 yrs of birthday and christmas money - money spent on car) to afford to pay the tuition fees myself, then I got a grant of over £3000 which paid for accomodation. They then gave me money every week for food and living expenses which covered me.

This year I've taken out a loan for tuition fees and then the grant will cover accomodation again. They'll hopefully still pay for my living expenses.

They don't earn much as my dad is on early retirement causing my mum to have to be unemployed, but it;s because of this that I get a big grant, so while they can't afford directly to give much, almost all of the £3000 is because of them. The great thing is the grants never have to be paid back and since I'm doing medicine which is five years, that pretty much amounts to £15,000 that I'm getting free from the government to do a university degree that'll give me decent earnings anyway.
I got a loan with my parents and after i graduate from culinary school i go half and half with them to pay it off its $50,000 but its worth it
Quote by meh!
The whole country's labour, you may have noticed if you've seen the parliament lately
Yeah, but those Scottish Labour bastards seem to be dying off one by one.
I think I'm paying half.My dad took the money I got from my past car accident case(Insurance) and used 3/4 of it to pay and I'm also taking a loan for my college.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
My parents have a college fund set aside for me and my sister, I think they're paying for most of it.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Please, my parents owe me 1500 dollars.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I'm not in college yet, and we aren't exactly on the richer side of things, so I'm working my ass off in hopes of a scholarship.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by smb
Yeah, but those Scottish Labour bastards seem to be dying off one by one.

It wasn't Scottish labour that made universities free (again).
Quote by meh!
It wasn't Scottish labour that made universities free (again).
I didn't say they did - and it would be distinctly out of character for them to have a policy that helped people, particularly the young and unlikely to vote.
Quote by smb
I didn't say they did - and it would be distinctly out of character for them to have a policy that helped people, particularly the young and unlikely to vote.

true.

I don't like the way the subtlety dropped 'new labour' a couple of years after they got in. Which they are, they're a disgrace to labour.

/poltiics
Page 1 of 2