I am looking for something like the GFS Dream 90. Single coil that fits in a humbucker pickup slot. NO mini humbuckers. NO rails. NO p-90s. SINGLE COIL, in a humbucker form. cheapest as possible.
Apparently DiMarzio's Virtual Blues is really a single-coil pickup with a hum-cancelling "dummy" coil, which just acts as a hum-killer, not an actual working coil. And a Dream 90 is a variation of a P-90 btw. Same kinda thing as a Duncan Phat Cat i think, or a Gibson P-94.
Ehhh... I don't think I've ever seen a bucker-sized single coil. I would think that a bucker sized P90 would be the closest that you could get, because in reality it IS one coil...
EDIT: Holy **** that duncan is expensive.

Is this pickup for your Tele neck-through build, that you had to put a humbucker in the neck position?

A possibility would be http://www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk/amp.shtml
Humbucker, but when split coil, it should have a real single coil sound. Or just wire it so it's split all the time (but why do that when you could also have it unsplit?)

Maybe?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
i hate split coils, they never carry a true SC tone, and yes it is. i really dont want a humbucker in there, i am pretty pissed about that whole ordeal... i might just make it two humbuckers and say **** it though. imtrying to make the most non-tele tele in the world. i guess.
Did you read the description for the AMP?

EDIT: was just thinking it might have a better split tone than a regular bucker
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Last edited by Sendrith at Aug 15, 2008,
That GFS Dream 90 sounds wicked. You should just buy it. I put one in an old '68 Epiphone recently and loved it. That pickup rang like a bell, and had some serious balls in the mid and low end as well. Very wide range, inspirational to play.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by zeroyon
That GFS Dream 90 sounds wicked. You should just buy it. I put one in an old '68 Epiphone recently and loved it. That pickup rang like a bell, and had some serious balls in the mid and low end as well. Very wide range, inspirational to play.

sounds like my decision is made.

i bought the tele neck pickup like 2 months ago, they said theyd still give me credit towards it if i returned it. i might do that.
This is going on Mahogany, too, right? That guitar was 100% mahogany, and the pickup was in the bridge. In the neck of your Tele build... combine the maple and the neck positioning of the pickup, I guarantee it will sound great.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
You might want to check out http://eastwoodguitars.com/ 's accessories section.

Scroll to the bottom of it and they have what is supposed to be a true single coil in a humbucker case. Might be what you're looking for.
You can buy adapter things I think, Just little plates of plastic the right size.
But if you can't find one, why not just make one?

If it's going on a tele, won't the scratchplate cover the hole anyway?