i am really into the tone hendrix/frosh get and am in debate for which amp i should get ....would the ceriatone plexi 50 have better tone then the silver jub?cause i really want the jub especially after hearing the clean on youtube but also hear all this talk about ceriatone.....help is appreciated
The Ceriatone JTM45/100. Its a clone of Marshall's first 100 watter, a solid state rectified JTM45 running on a quad of KT66s in the preamp. Its the holy grail of Marshalls. Get an attenuator though, its loud, not as loud as the Super lead though. Will get far better cleans than the 50 watt plexi.

Basically same amp as Marshall's Hendrix signature, only about 5x less. If you want to hear what it sounds like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGy_7qTvjDs

Jimi Hendrix, Monterrey, 1967.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltD2B34_jNQ

Metropoulos JTM45/100
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 15, 2008,
how would the silvr jub stack up aganist the vintage marsahll replicas at ceriaton/metro...and i have a 1500 dollar budget ....what do yall think ... anymore ideas
Doesn't Frusciante use Fender amps?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
mw check ebay for a jub if you have 1500

haha.crackrules he used a fender twin reverb for the recording of soul to squeeze and used s fender showman for otherside and californiCATIOn but he doesnt use them live. he uses 2 silver jubilees and a marshall major for extra clean power

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

ok cool...so ur saying it will be as good of quality as these replica amps...and should **** all over them
basically

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
basically

Very wrong.

To the TS. The difference between the two is this, do you want a plexi or JCM800? In terms for quality, both should be pretty good, but by the time the Silver Jub was released, Marshall had already gone to using PCB and were no longer handwired. The Ceriatone is a handwired, ptp amp.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 15, 2008,
how big of a difference does hand wired make...im kinda new to that whole aspect
Jubilees are very sexy amps.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by MW516
how big of a difference does hand wired make...im kinda new to that whole aspect

A handwired amp is of higher quality build, its built by hand so every solder joint has been done and every component has been placed by a person. This leads to a reliable and well operating amplifier. To me, its just worth it to have a handwired amp, but it is certainly not necessary for good tone. The Silver Jubilee is a great amplifier, but I wouldn't say it ****s all over a plexi clone.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 16, 2008,
It doesnt really matter what amp you get, just as long as it sounds good. You just need a good wah pedal and find the correct settings seeing they both used that, especially froosh, he kind of abuses it a bit if you ask me, but its still damn good music.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^