(Invalid img)
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
idk if you'd consider it horror, probably not, but Dean Koontz is one of the only authors i like. i'm a really good reader, but i hate reading, so it has to be good.
I know he wrote a non-fiction book, but Helter Skelter (Vincent Bugliosi) scared the sh!t outta me. I had to turn on all the lights.

For fiction, Clive Barker...The Books of Blood.
I have Helter Skelter, its good. Ill look into the others. I am looking for mature, adult horror.

Any other serious answers
He's not a horror author really but I read Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk (of Fight Club writer fame) and it is his sort of horror story, based mostly on real life horror stories hes heard in his life. it will scare you, or sicken you, but its a genius piece of writing.
Quote by slayer1516
Stuff on the level of Stephen King, HP Lovecraft, etc?

They're not even the same genre of horror. What genre are you looking for?

You're question is akin to me asking 'Good Guitarists? Stuff on the level of B.B. King, Alexi Laiho, etc?'
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Edgar Allen Poe. Not horror, but it's just absurd stories about insane people and obsessed people, really cool.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by asfastasdark
Edgar Allen Poe. Not horror, but it's just absurd stories about insane people and obsessed people, really cool.

Macabre is the phrase. That's more in line with Lovecraft. at least the better (yeah, I said it) Lovecraft stuff.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by darthteet
They're not even the same genre of horror. What genre are you looking for?

You're question is akin to me asking 'Good Guitarists? Stuff on the level of B.B. King, Alexi Laiho, etc?'

I have just gotten into horror, so I really know nothing of the genre yet. I am just trying my luck finding authors. Werewolf horror? Gothic horror? Disturbing horror? I don't know any subgenres.
Quote by slayer1516
I have just gotten into horror, so I really know nothing of the genre yet. I am just trying my luck finding authors. Werewolf horror? Gothic horror? Disturbing horror? I don't know any subgenres.

Go for gothic horror or macabre. H.P. Lovecraft and EAP are the people to start with.

Do yourself a favour though and don't read 'Call of the Cthullu' first. Read 'Loved Dead', 'The Hound' and 'The Case of Charles Dexter Ward' first, they're more typical of the genre.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by darthteet
Do yourself a favour though and don't read 'Call of the Cthullu' first. Read 'Loved Dead', 'The Hound' and 'The Case of Charles Dexter Ward' first, they're more typical of the genre.

To late I have already read "Cthulu". I have also read the Necronomican, which was pretty ****ed up and disturbing, but good. What are the main horror genres?