I've been using a Marshall MG10CD for about two years now, and now that I've just recently formed a band with my friends, I've decided I need a new amp. I want an amp that's good for metal (like Nightwish or Opeth, or just heavy stuff like that) and rock (Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, etc), but also has sounds good clean. I don't know what brand to get (Marshall, Vox, Crate, etc). The most I wanna spend is up to $500 (unless it turns out I'll need more than that) and maybe 30 watts or whatever would be necessary for live performances. Any help would be appreciated!
Quote by Jackintehbox
Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this. Now I need Cheez-Its.

This was directed to me by the way.
haha
Budget amps:
Orange Tiny Terror
Peavey Valve King

High quality:
5150/6505
Marshall Mode 4

get a marshall 1960 for a cab, it's great quality that helps take the blanket off any amp
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
i would suggest a vox vtx if your looking into effects. I use a Peavey Valveking 212 its great and it cost me 567$ its really good for metal
Great thanks for all the suggestions!
Quote by Jackintehbox
Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this. Now I need Cheez-Its.

This was directed to me by the way.
haha
Quote by touji-za-nai

Marshall Mode 4

I'm sorry but I played one of these and thought it was horrible.

I do agree with his suggestion of the used Tiny Terror, but you would need a cab to go with it. A Avatar 1x12 shouldn't break the bank and should be pretty nice.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.