One my profile i havea quick recording of an idea i have for a new song. Im looking for any and all suggestions to improve it though. Ill add drums eventually, but i cant figure out the timing to tab it on guitar pro and write them on there so ill have to wait to go over it with my Real drummer. I also need to write a bridge, and possible a different rythm for the solo to keep it interesting. Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Also, excuse some timing issues. My computer was lagging during the recording, and i sped up during the acoustic bits. My appologies
umm. ok. the recording obviously isn't all that great. too much background noise adn such. your tone is pretty decent, but the riff gets rather boring and repetive. however, with laggy recording it's rather hard to do a full arrangement. the acoustic tone was a bit to dry. try adding a little reverb.
Too cool for a signature.
^ Thanks I think im going to try and make 1 of the distorted guitars just hit the chords or something once, and have the other do the riff or something like that, and maby use full open chords for the Verse, perhaps different ones all together. There are 3 guitarists in my band so there should be lots of possibilities.

Do you know where a reverb patch thing for audacity is available? all there is on mine is GVerb and i cant figure out how to make it not so extreme.
Quote by Tubyboulin
^ Thanks I think im going to try and make 1 of the distorted guitars just hit the chords or something once, and have the other do the riff or something like that, and maby use full open chords for the Verse, perhaps different ones all together. There are 3 guitarists in my band so there should be lots of possibilities.

Do you know where a reverb patch thing for audacity is available? all there is on mine is GVerb and i cant figure out how to make it not so extreme.

google "freeverb2" it's what i use.
Too cool for a signature.
ok thbe beginning of the original idea thing seemed like a mix between "Working Man" by Rush and the softer part was really cool you should add some chords over it in some points i think that would be cool but overall i think a good song wit vocals it could be amazing
Quote by Smokey Amp
You're a God among men.

Seriously...

Quote by ticklemeemo
Dude, you are like the coolest dude like.. EVER!
I think the distorted parts sounded like something from the band Boston, and the clean section was good. I would say thisis a good basis for a song, but there needs to be a few more riffs in there, and some lead work, but as you were saying, you will have that under control.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
^ Working on the Bridge now Im hoping to have my 2nd guitarist over here tommorow and we will work on it, i just finished writing the second verse lyrics wise.

Is there any way i can make the second verse more...powerfull? Like add something with one of the distorted guitars, but keep the general basis of it the same? Or should i try and do that with the drums? The second verse lyrics wise is like...In a war, so yeah. It still works alright with the way it is now but im always looking for ways to improve.

Thanks for the Crit