alot of the time while reading about tube amps, the word "Class A" pops up, what does class A mean?

and secondly, why is it apparently suicide to build a tube amp if your not extremely experienced?
Schecter Emo-7--->Various Boss Pedals--->Peavey XXX 120watt head----->Marshall1960AV
Quote by -MintSauce-
Do I look like I need a team of helpers and trained animals to carry out my daily activities?
Class A just means that the tube is amplifying the signal for the entire cycle or period of the input wave. Class B means that an amplifier (tube) is only operating for 50% of the cycle and class AB1 and AB2 are in between the two.

Its not suicidal to build a tube amp, but there are plenty of risks posed by high voltages, capacitors that hold deadly charges even after the amp is turned off, etc. It can be a very annoying process as well for a first timer (I'm there right now myself )
but overall if you are good with building things, read up on amp building and safety, and put the effort in, there is no problem with building your own amp. Just don't rush things and know what you are doing at all times.
Quote by Axecutioner
Class A just means that the tube is amplifying the signal for the entire cycle or period of the input wave. Class B means that an amplifier (tube) is only operating for 50% of the cycle and class AB1 and AB2 are in between the two.

Hmmm can u put that into dumbass terms ^^ Class A is significantly better?
Schecter Emo-7--->Various Boss Pedals--->Peavey XXX 120watt head----->Marshall1960AV
Quote by -MintSauce-
Do I look like I need a team of helpers and trained animals to carry out my daily activities?
Class A indicates that the output device will pass a nearly exact replica of the input signal/sign wave. To do this, the output devices are operating (passing current) at all times. They are inefficient, but they are regarded to have the best sound because they produce both lower odd- and even-order harmonics.

In regard to the second question, tube circuits operate at much higher voltages than solid-state (around 440 volts) and are thus, very dangerous.
Quote by Ashervallen
alot of the time while reading about tube amps, the word "Class A" pops up, what does class A mean?

and secondly, why is it apparently suicide to build a tube amp if your not extremely experienced?

No one told me that
Quote by Ashervallen
Hmmm can u put that into dumbass terms ^^ Class A is significantly better?

No not necessarily. Really class just has to do with how an amplifer works.
http://www.aikenamps.com/ go to tech info, advanced, and the last word on class A. Read that if you really want to understand. Randall Aiken has alot of helpful information.