Epiphone Firefly 30 DSP
0 0%
Fender Champion 300
1 3%
Fender Champion 600
5 13%
Voters: 38.
** i am talking about the VJ combo and not the head or cab.. **

so which one? i need an amp that really works well with pedals...i won't want to spend extra cash on any types of built in effects...

preferbly something simple for home practise...cheap too,don't forget cheap!
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Aug 16, 2008,
preferbly something clean...clean to hard rock, and maybe a bit of metal? as long as it can handle clean stuff and a bit of hard rock well, it'll be fine...not to forget pedals..

roughly 200-300 USD...
line 6 spider 3
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
How about a crate V5, can do clean-rock tones without an od and metal with a pedal. Pretty cheap with the new price cuts too.
you didn't say rather or not you were referring to the VJ combo or head/ cab but with $300 i imagine the head/cab. you could have also listed the blackheart. Even if you had though my vote is still with the Vj head/cab.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
It's a good amp and certainly loves pedals.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Guitarcenter/Musicianfriend is having a sale on Crates. You could get a V18 or even a V33 (not positive about their price but they should be somewhere within your budget). Those amps would certainly handle all your blues, rock, and hard rock needs.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

stay away from the Ibanez TBX. my church has the TBX65 and it doesn't sound good clean or distorted.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Yeah the Crate V18 is $149 I think and the V33 is $249. They are on backorder. Go figure. I take it you want a tube amp or hybrid? Have you checked out the Valvetronix (not my favorite) or the Superchamp? Not sure what the $$ is of new Epi's and Blackhearts?

If you can go used - that may open up some doors. cough*craigslist*cough!
huh? fender champion 300? have i been living under a rock?

edit: oh that... i just forgot about it. for some reason i was thinking fender had made a blackheart killer ant style champ...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I've got a VJr (version 3) and I love it.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
the only thing about the vj combo is the 8in speaker. i would spend the extra money on the head and cab a much bigger sound!
MF seems to have some good offers on the crate v-series amps at the moment. i haven't tried them, but slats seems to like them...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dunno if the VJ combo is the BEST practice amp, I just know it does what I want. In the version 3, they added an Eminence speaker which, to my ears, sounds pretty good. Especially considering I only spent £79 on it.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
but..i was thinking...since i was already saving for a proper amp..maybe i should get a real proper amp? my friend is right,i should just get better and save up on a real good amp...

so,peavey classic 30? i heard its a real good amp? it'll take me much longer to save up but thats the point..
the fender stays the cleanest the longest before breaking up, so if you want cleaner tones, go for the Champ 600.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I have the Champ 600, it's quite good. Mostly for rock/blues, but I've been trying to get metal sounds out of it with a Ts9 Tubesreamer (and I've been having some success actually). Not BROOTAL or anything, but still decent.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by NoobOnZone
but..i was thinking...since i was already saving for a proper amp..maybe i should get a real proper amp? my friend is right,i should just get better and save up on a real good amp...

so,peavey classic 30? i heard its a real good amp? it'll take me much longer to save up but thats the point..

Classic 30 FTW