Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by LP51122
a Dumble clone?

btw how are there amps?

I don't own any of Nik's amps but his builds look and sound amazing. Great value.
I was gonna get a JCM 800 2203, but I decided to just spend less and get a peavey classic 30, and get a bunch of pedals

EDIT: warning about the 200 dollar shipping
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by al112987
I don't own any of Nik's amps but his builds look and sound amazing. Great value.

Who is this guy you speak of?

Would that Ceriatone get that sweet Dumble tone? ex. Larry Carlton, Joe Bonamassa, John Mayer, SRV.........
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by LP51122
Who is this guy you speak of?

Would that Ceriatone get that sweet Dumble tone? ex. Larry Carlton, Joe Bonamassa, John Mayer, SRV.........

Nik Azam, hes the Ceriatone guy who builds the amps. This builds are done very well, I'm always impressed by shots of his work and hes gotten great reviews from everyone who have bought his amps. Hes a very nice person too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwW3ZbnI6Cw

There is a good demo of the Overtone special. It sounds very good, it is based off a dumble overdrive special, but I can't tell you how well it compares as I've never played a dumble before.
I was going to get an overtone, but once you factor in shipping and the wait and buying a cab and stuff like that, I thought i'd just search out a good amp that I liked which I could buy locally.
The Overtone sounded a bit "fancy" to my ears, atleast on the sound clips, which I'm not a huge fan of. I'm glad I picked my CBB, which is more dirty and growly.
And even though it probably has similar circuitry to the original dumble overdrive special, it probably isn't an exact clone. The components are probably lower grade than the dumbles, but other than that, it seems pretty similar.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
IMO the ceriatone amps often sound a tad thin and don't have that punch that the amps they are emulating do. These amps will not sound as good as an actual dumble. If that was true why would anyone pay so much for a real dumble instead of a ceriatone. BTW SRV used Steel String Singers not Overdrive Specials. They are nice kits though, they just aren't going to make you sound just like those people you named.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Yeah, ceriatone probably has to cut some corners to keep their amps affordable.
And correct, SRV used a SSS, not an ODS.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I have a bit of experience noodling around with an Overtone special. I've not played an actual Dumble so I have no insights as to the differences there, but I can say that it sounds better than plugging a ZenDrive into a Fender Twin, and I personally think it sounds better than anything in the current Fuchs catalog.

It's an exceptional amp at an exceptional price. Long have I debated putting my name on the waiting list.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Yeah, I wonder how long the waiting list is exactly. I thought it took several weeks for some of their other models to be assembled and shipped out. I wonder if the OTS is like that, or what.
But, as I said before, i'm not a huge fan of the ODS type of tone. It's good, don't get me wrong, but it's not the tone for me. I'd rather have a cranked vibroverb or super reverb.
On the other hand, if Ceriatone released a SSS clone, i'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator