7th fret on the A string.

Everything else plays fine, and raising the bridge makes the A string much higher than the other strings.

Is truss rod adjustment what I need to do?
jesus christ...i wish they made an official " hey i got a new guitar and its buzzing" thread.

its prolly a truss rod thing. if ur new at it bring it to a luthier.
Quote by zeemonkey
jesus christ...i wish they made an official " hey i got a new guitar and its buzzing" thread.

its prolly a truss rod thing. if ur new at it bring it to a luthier.

It's called the FAQ.

Unfortunately, one fret on one string always raises alarm bells with me. Look down the neck for any warping. Do this by looking down the fretboard from the bridge, with the bass flat in front of you, as if you're looking down a runway. Look for any twisting. Just in case.
It could just be that one fret isn't properly leveled and it higher than all the rest.

Odd for this to happen on a Mexcian Fender tho, the factory setups arnt the best but it isn't this bad.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's called the FAQ.

Unfortunately, one fret on one string always raises alarm bells with me. Look down the neck for any warping. Do this by looking down the fretboard from the bridge, with the bass flat in front of you, as if you're looking down a runway. Look for any twisting. Just in case.

I reckon it's just an uneven fret that may need filing down (probably the 8th fret on the A string is a bit higher than the 7th), but this is a possibility. Definitely do as Delirium says.... just in case.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.