I want to flip the strings on my acoustic guitar to teach my girlfriend as a lefty. Are there gonna be any irreversible damaged to my guitar that would prevent me from bringing it back to righty eventually?

thanks in advance
Member #5 of the The Haunted fan club.
Jimi did it, but then again he also set guitars on fire.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
ya not really any risk besides the fact that u might need new strings. o and wrong forum but im not a douche so im obviously not not gonna report u cuz 85% of the time that people do that its bullsh*t and totally unnecesary
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Oh I didn't notice until now but you posted in the wrong forum. Try something like electric guitar/ accessories since it is about strings. Otherwise, just look at the threads.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
2 things to consider, the bridge and nut. Both will have to be reversed to acomodate the guage difference. Both a relativly easy to replace so no permanant damage, The guy at the local music store I go to sometimes plays lefty but just flips the guitar. He doesnt change strings around although he can play both ways.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
apparently the bracing underneath the top of an acoustic is usually assymetrical, so by flipping it over, it actually CAN cause damage to the guitar
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
hahaha wow i really thought i posted this in acoustics

thanks guys