hey i was wondering where i could find a colection of epic and sad scales, by epic i mean like beathoven epic and by sad i mean like the piano piece that nigel "performs" in THIS IS SPINAL TAP!
Ha...

...it's funny that you mentioned This is Spinal Tap!, because after reading the thread title I was going to recommend anything in D minor.
It is the saddest key of all.

And to further the coincidence, I watched This is Spinal Tap! last night, on the Comedy Channel.

Weird...
hmm....well I'm not sure how to explain this to you properly but...

Scales themselves aren't epic. It's how you use them. Simple as that. There are more complex ways of saying it though, which I'll leave to one of the theory nazis.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229

Scales themselves aren't epic. It's how you use them. Simple as that. There are more complex ways of saying it though, which I'll leave to one of the theory nazis.

This. Unfortunately you aren't going to play a scale and have it sound like the most epic thing to ever hit this earth.
Quote by VoodooCow229

Very nicely put. Sadly, I am NOT one of those theory Nazis.