okay so im playing the song master of puppets and i get to the main solo, and in my book it says that im supposed to take the first stg. (string i think?) off the edge of the fretboard, "fretting" it against pickup...i have no idea how this works..or how im supposed to do it(well besides the fact i have to pull the string off the fretboard)..it sounds awesome on the cd..but i have no idea how to do it! lol any help on this would be greatly appreciated
press down between the last fret and the first pickup, using it like a regular fret, I believe thats what they're saying.
Quote by Martindecorum
dont worry even kirk doesnt no how to do it lol. it was a mistake in the recording session and he was like hell yes and it sounded sweet lol

OHHHHH! I think I read that he bent the string off of the fret board and it went to a high pitch that he said he could never duplicate...unless that was fade to black...
okay. well idk if this is what you're talking about, but bending the string off the fret board? you do that by instead of bending the string up, bend it down off the edge of the fret board to play the note. it should give a really high pitch and a siren sound if you go back in forth between fretting it normally and bending it off the fret board.
sorry if this doesn't help.
Quote by butt_sauce
OHHHHH! I think I read that he bent the string off of the fret board and it went to a high pitch that he said he could never duplicate...unless that was fade to black...

yeah thats the thing he couldnt get "right" again lol
hahahaha well thanks...thats sad he cant even do it xD but hmm...thats kinda bad though the book says to try that..even when he cant even do it....lmao...oh well i was bending the string up at the 23 and 24th fret..and it sounded okay..but haha might as well mess around with it xD its pretty cool sounding anyway xD
yeah from what I recall he was playing it in studio and his string got caught on the side of his fretboard and it made the sound by mistake, but he kept it, theres no chance in hell he'll do it again, he can barely play anything as it stands right now...
oh well it still sounds awesome haha...maybe theres a way to do it? idk..maybe i'll mess around with it later lol...if anyone wants to try it and pulls it off tell me how its done! hahahahaha xD
Quote by guitarfreak5342
hahahaha well thanks...thats sad he cant even do it xD but hmm...thats kinda bad though the book says to try that..even when he cant even do it....lmao...oh well i was bending the string up at the 23 and 24th fret..and it sounded okay..but haha might as well mess around with it xD its pretty cool sounding anyway xD

The book says to do it because it's an accurate transcription of the original recording - that's the way it was played so that's what's in the tab.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
haha true..well thanks for your help everyone..i think i kinda have an idea how to do it...so i guess i'll try that out
oh and if someone sees in tab talk some sort of harmonic?? as the tittle..dont look at it because i posted this one, and i thought it didnt work...so i did another...so its just the same question...haha i feel pretty stupid for doing it twice sorry x(