I can't recall seeing any threads discussing Supertramp, so here we are. Man, I think that Crime of the Century, Breakfast in America, and Even in the Quietest Moments have to be among the greatest albums made. Anyone with me on this?
its strange how they're one of those bands everyone knows at least one or two songs of (Breakfast In America, Give a little bit), yet they're one of the least known bands of CR.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
breakfast in America and take the long way home are awesome
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I prefer Even in the Quietest Moments. Breakfast in America's A side contains most of their big hits, but the B side starts with Take the Long Way Home, but the songs after that aren't that great. Fools Overture is a masterpiece.
fool's overture is definitely amazing. School is awesome too, right where the bass kicks in especially.
Breakfast in America is just a brilliant album
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I haven't listened to much of Supertramp; no more than eight to ten songs, but I've really begun to dig them lately. I'm quite far from calling myself a fan, but I would like to invest some of my money into their albums soon.

I used to really not like this group for a reason I can't explain, but they have grown on me as of late.

Also, does anyone think that the breakdowns following lines such as "For such as simple man" and "Please tell me who I am" in The Logical Song are (simply put) ****ing awesome?
You'd want to buy Even in the Quietest Moments and Crime of the Century. EITQM is a little quiet, but a very, very, good album. I've never actually heard Crime of the Century, but I've heard that it's good. You may may also want to buy Paris, which is a double disc live album, but buy the studio albums first. I don't really like the B-side of Breakfast in America, but the A-side has most of their hits.

Also, the breakdowns in the Logical Song are pretty cool, but I prefer Fools Overture.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I haven't listened to much of Supertramp; no more than eight to ten songs, but I've really begun to dig them lately. I'm quite far from calling myself a fan, but I would like to invest some of my money into their albums soon.

I used to really not like this group for a reason I can't explain, but they have grown on me as of late.

Also, does anyone think that the breakdowns following lines such as "For such as simple man" and "Please tell me who I am" in The Logical Song are (simply put) ****ing awesome?

I know what you mean about not really being into them. Their weak songs are very, very weak, but their good songs are absolutely solid. It wasn't until I listened to Crime of the Century all the way through that I really dug how awesome they could be.
I think the way they recorded some of the songs on Crime of the Century was kind of weird. I mean, Dreamer and Hide in your Shell just seemed kind of unusual.
I'm not really a fan, but I absolutely love Bloody Well Right.

Right?

RIGHT.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I love Supertramp, they're great musicians.

School is an awesome song. actually i could go on for ages about all their awesome songs.

Anyone else like Rudy, how it goes instrumental for ages, then builds up to that outro?
Great band, really underrated.

I picked up a mint-condition vinyl of 'Crisis? What Crisis?' a couple of days that I've still yet to listen to. Will do that today, methinks.
Awesome band!

Bloody Well Right, Take The Long Way Home & Godbye Stranger are my favourites! Way under-rated.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker

Pretty much my opinion as well. They've had my interest for a while now.