Poll: The Winrar?
Poll Options
View poll results: The Winrar?
Drums
18 20%
Guitar>Drums
74 80%
Voters: 92.
I dont understand why drummers get ragged on so much. I played guitar for about four years and i couldnt get a drummer to jam with to save my life. Finally since i had very suitable conditions for a drum space in my house, i decided to take them up.

Good choice on my part, Much funner instrument. and you all know it. But what do the Pit drummers have to say about this?
i dont know about a vigina, maybe its a vagina
There was a woman who gave out her pearls.
no, it's a rly a vigina...
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
I play drums as well, although as guitar is my primary instrument, I tend to enjoy it more.

This is a guitar website, though, so the opinions are going to be extremely biased.
im friends with a drummer/guitarist and hes better at drums but getting better at guitar. anyways i get more mad than him lol hes alot more laid back but hes almost cheesey when he gets mad so yeahhhhh
Drums are much fun to play
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
ive been playing both for the same amount of time (about 7 years)
drums are a funner instrument, and are very easy to learn if you have good sense of rhythm
BUT, if you're in a band, guitarists are more popular because theyre required to have better stage presence and such, (im the guitarist in my band ) both are great instruments though
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
I don't know about this thread title. I just prefer guitar, I've tried drums in the past and its fun to bash those drums, but its not as good as getting that guitar sound
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
I think they get ragged on so much because many of them don't really contribute to the band other than just keeping a beat, which isn't that hard to do if you have a little experience with a drumkit. A lot of them tend to be stupid as well, especially ones in my town. Though, there are still a lot of good drummers out there.

Neil Peart anyone?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Drummers are cool.
Without them we'd have no blast beats.

I have a friend who drums pretty well. His psyche is comparable to that of Lars Ulrich.

The drummer I actually have for my band is a bit... Empty, in the head, perhaps?
He's a cool guy, but is not unlike Ted [excellent!] in the least.
I play both. Guitar is my primary instrument, but I have a lot of fun with drums.

Even before I took up drums, I had and still have great admiration and respect for prominent drummers ( Chad Smith FTW!!!!!).

I have a mountain of fun banging out some drum tracks, but I am simply in love with the guitar.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
arrrgh please swear to me that you'll never say 'funner' again
and drums are great...
i've never seen drummers getting mouthed off at other than jokes
edit:
VVV hey! speak of the devil
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Guitar = Drums

They both are instruments. Awesome ones.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

So you say that it's like having a vagina in association with the fact that you have just taken up drums.

Hell, you are just shooting yourself in the foot.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I play drums! Woah! I've seen a vagina, IRL, I'm not sure how else I can contribute to this thread.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I rag on drummers only after I hear them.
Save for one drummer at my school;
All of them think they are the best ****ing thing to grace the instrument,
but they can't even keep a beat, read music, do a fill at the end of phrase, or set-up players on solo's.

I've had bad experiences with drummers, but I think it's just because of where I live
Quote by IncubusMan999
So you say that it's like having a vagina in association with the fact that you have just taken up drums.

Hell, you are just shooting yourself in the foot.

Vaginas controll guys since all we want is pussy. But chicks dig big wieners to so we controll them too. same for drums and guitar. jeez.
I really wish I had any capability to play drums/a real set/a good space for them.
I hate drummers.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by BigBrownBeaver
Vaginas controll guys since all we want is pussy. But chicks dig big wieners to so we controll them too. same for drums and guitar. jeez.

Oh riiiiiiight

Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I have played guitar for about 5+1/2 years, and drums for about 4+1/2.

Guitar is my first love and passion, but I agree with drums being more....'fun' for want of a better word.

Most guitarists get on drummers backs but they probably couldn't string a rhythm together themselves. Ask a guitarist to play a chord progression in alternating bars of 7/8 and 23/16 and we'll see who deserves the handicapped jokes
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
Quote by brandon369852
I hate you.

Sorry, every drummer I've known has been a fag in some way. I drum a bit, but I'm not a drummer.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by BigBrownBeaver
Much funner instrument.

THERE 's the problem.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
im reporting you for false thread title...

Just kidding. but um, i think both instruments are equal. drums are more important for a band but guitar has so much more possibility in the melodic spectrum so id say they even out.